Survicate offers a wide selection of question types, including common examples such as NPS or open-ended questions. You can also choose from a vast array of actions, such as a thank you message or CTA. You can trigger them upon survey completion, in between questions, or when a certain response is given.
In order to add a new question to your survey, click "Add Next Step"
Would you like to see our question types in practice?
All available question types
Here's a breakdown of the available question types along with a brief description:
- Welcome message: Give visitors the possibility to opt-in or out. Ask them whether they'd like to take a survey.
- Single answer selection: Ask a simple y/n question or have respondents pick one item from the list. Respondents will only be able to select a single response. How are single choice question results calculated?
- Multiple answer selection: Respondents will be able to select multiple items from the list. How are multiple choice question points calculated?
- Text answer: Get respondents to provide an open-ended reply (text answer).
- NPS®: Measure brand loyalty by asking how likely your customers are to recommend your company to a friend or colleague. Read more about how is NPS score calculated.
- Smiley scale: Let your customers express how happy they are on a 3 or 5-point scale. This survey uses emojis.
- Contact form: Collect additional information from users/visitors such as their email address or job title. Add a confirmation checkbox or security message. Create new leads/contacts in your software based on survey submission.
- Date: Get respondents to provide a date when answering the survey.
- Rating: Measure customer satisfaction on a 2 to 10-point scale. This survey uses emojis (you can choose from stars, hearts, and thumbs).
- Dropdown list: Get respondents to select one value from a drop-down list. It's different from "Multiple answer selection" in that all options become accessible after clicking on the arrow.
- Matrix question: Respondents will be asked to evaluate multiple items within a single row (on a matrice) using the same column choices. Read more on how we calculate matrix question results.
- Ranking answer: Have respondents rank multiple items in order of preference. They can either drag&drop the available options or select the value, with 1 being the most preferred option. Here's how we calculate ranking question points.
- Thank you screen: Direct your respondent to your custom thank you message, and set up a different call to actions depending on how you'd like to finalize your survey. See available actions below:
Available thank you screen actions
Here's a detailed breakdown of the available actions:
- Disabled: Your respondents will see the thank you message you've written for them, without any further actions.
- Page redirect: Let your respondents know you'd route them to an external page and then redirect them.
- Button: Include a CTA button to your survey, and redirect them to the location after they click on this button.
- Social buttons: Get respondents to become your Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn followers.
💡Tip: You can route your respondent to a specific question, or action based on their response. As an example, if someone's a promoter (gives a response of 9-10 to your NPS survey), you could route them to an external page where they would be able to submit a positive review for your business, and if they are a detractor (gives a response of 0-6), you can ask them a text question for further insights. See our article to learn how to set up survey logic.
Available question/action types per survey channel
The available question/action types vary across different distribution methods.
Link and email surveys:
Website and web app surveys
Intercom Messenger Surveys
- Each question can be preceded by an introduction message. It serves to provide further information on the survey or instructions as to how something should be done.
- You can use HTML to format both questions and answer choices. This will allow you to insert images or use a bold font.
🚀 Now that you're familiar with question types, how about you try and set up your first survey? You'll be amazed at how useful your survey insights can be!
💬 If you need our assistance, please reach out to us at email@example.com or strike up a chat conversation. 👉