Survicate offers a wide selection of question types, including common examples such as NPS or open-ended questions. You can also choose from a vast array of actions, such as a thank you message or CTA. You can trigger them upon survey completion, in between questions, or when a certain response is given.
In order to add a new question to your survey, click "Add Next Step"
Would you like to see our question types in practice?
All available question types
Here's a breakdown of the available question types along with a brief description:
- Single answer selection: Ask a simple y/n question or have respondents pick one item from the list. Respondents will only be able to select a single response. Embeddable in emails/signatures.
- Multiple answer selection: Respondents will be able to select multiple items from the list.
- Text answer: Get respondents to provide an open-ended reply (text answer).
- NPS®: Measure brand loyalty by asking how likely your customers are to recommend your company to a friend or colleague. Embeddable in emails/signatures.
- Smiley scale: Let your customers express how happy they are on a 3 or 5-point scale. This survey uses emojis. Embeddable in emails/signatures.
- Contact form: Collect additional information from users/visitors such as their email address or job title. Add a confirmation checkbox or security message. Create new leads/contacts in your software based on survey submission.
- Survey invitation: Give visitors the possibility to opt-in or out. Ask them whether they'd like to take a survey.
- Date: Get respondents to provide a date when answering the survey.
- Rating: Measure customer satisfaction on a 2 to 10-point scale. This survey uses emojis (you can choose from stars, hearts, and thumbs).
- Dropdown list: Get respondents to select one value from a drop-down list. It's different from "Multiple answer selection" in that all options become accessible after clicking on the arrow.
- Matrix question: Respondents will be asked to evaluate multiple items within a single row (on a matrice) using the same column choices.
- Ranking answer: Have respondents rank multiple items in order of preference. They can either drag&drop the available options or type in the value manually, with 1 being the most preferred option. Here's how we calculate ranking question points.
All available action types
Actions are survey activities performed either upon survey completion or when a specific response is given. As an example, if someone's a promoter (gives a response of 9-10 to your NPS survey), you could route them to an external page where they would be able to submit a positive review for your business. The less complex examples include displaying a simple thank-you message on survey completion.
Here's a detailed breakdown of the available actions:
- Thank you message: Write up a custom thank you message and decide when it should be displayed.
- Call to action: Write up a custom thank you message and decide when it should be displayed.
- Page redirect: Let your respondents know you'd route them to an external page and then redirect them.
- Social CTA: Get respondents to become your Facebook, Twitter or Google Plus followers.
Available question/action types per survey channel
The available question/action types vary across different distribution methods.
- You can use up to 255 characters in any given question body.
- Each question can be preceded by an introduction message. It serves to provide further information on the survey or instructions as to how something should be done. It has a limit of 255 characters.
- You can use HTML to format both questions and answer choices. This will allow you to insert images or use a bold font.
🚀 Now that you're familiar with question types, how about you try and set up your first survey? You'll be amazed at how useful your survey insights can be!
💬 If you need our assistance, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or strike up a chat conversation. 👉