You can use Survicate with Intercom to:
- Uncover your active users' insights by surveying them in an unobtrusive, contextual way with in-app surveys.
- Research Net Promoter Score (NPS) in your app as well as send them via Messages and Smart Campaigns, and act upon scores with follow-up emails to prevent churn or boost referrals.
- Send basically any survey to your users and leads via email or chat messages to segment them better - associate responses with users and send them to Intercom as user / company attributes, tags, and events.
- Visit the respondent profile directly from the analysis in Survicate.
- Automate communication with respondents by finding “Survicate last response date” in the Intercom respondent profile.
Table of contents:
How to enable the integration? 🔧
1. Pick Integrations from Settings section (top-right corner) on the left-hand side menu of your dashboard.
2. Find the Intercom logo and click Authorize.
🔒 Survicate uses OAuth to authorize with Intercom so you can be sure we don’t send anything unnecessary.
3. Press Authorize access button to confirm the connection in the pop-up window. If you don't see the pop-up window, you may need to allow pop-ups in your browser - please look for the settings in your browser URL bar, or use instructions for Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Edge, or Safari.
💡Tip: You can select the Intercom workspace to install the integration using the dropdown. But remember - it's only possible to integrate one Survicate workspace with one Intercom workspace. If you'd like to run surveys in multiple Intercom instances, contact sales to purchase another Survicate workspace.
4. High five! ✋ The integration is ready to use 🚀
How to send responses to Intercom?
In order to avoid flooding your Intercom user profiles with data, we enable you to decide on a question level whether or not to send responses to Intercom.
You can send responses to Intercom user or company profiles as tags and/or attributes. Survicate will also generate an event on survey responses.
Sending Answers as Intercom Attributes
Attributes can be used for segmentation, targeting messages as well as personalization of your communication - you can use them in your messages.
- Check Attributes checkbox
- Select an attribute you want to integrate with from the list or create a new one.
- After you choose an attribute, we will be able to send data to Intercom. By default Survicate is sending the content of an answer as attribute value, but you can change the label to make it shorter or to fit your data structure - use attribute values field as below.
- Save your question.
Upon each response to your survey, we update;
survicate_last_response_date attribute for user profiles
company_survicate_last_response_date attribute for company profiles
So you can keep track of the timestamps of survey responses on the user level and on the company level to trigger automated outbound communication (emails or in-app messages) in Intercom!
Sending Answers as Tags
- Check Tags checkbox.
- Assign tags to each answer using the tags field - you can use tags you already created or create new ones. You can assign multiple tags to your answers.
- Save your question.
You can choose to send both tags and attributes at the same time:
Sending Events on Survey Responses
Survicate is generating Intercom events on default - they will be visible in the user profile activity section. We're sending the survey name, question, and answer in event details. You can turn off event tracking in Intercom - more on that here.
Starting Conversation Upon Receiving a Text Answer
When asking a text (open answer) question you may choose to have an Intercom conversation opened, to quickly act upon users' feedback, ask a follow-up question, and drill down on insights.
You can also easily jump to the respondent's Intercom user profile straight from Survicate.
Head over to Answers from the main dashboard, find the text response and click the View Intercom profile button.
Testing integration with sample data
Once you have your survey ready and integration set up, you can test it without leaving Survicate - simply click Send sample data and we will create a test user and send question answers in the format you selected.
You can view it by clicking Go to Intercom user / company profile.
Need any further assistance? If you have any questions about the set-up, best practices, and use-cases, please feel free to reach out to us via our Intercom.
Reach your users right inside your application
Use Intercom Messenger Chat surveys to ask the right questions at the right time with in-app messages.
Automate quarterly NPS surveys with Intercom
Use Survicate <> Intercom integration to configure an automatic distribution of your NPS surveys at defined time intervals.