Net Promoter Score is a metric used to measure loyalty and group your customers into Promoters, Passives, and Detractors by asking "How likely is it that you would recommend our product to a friend or colleague?".
With the Survicate - Intercom integration, you can:
configure an automatic distribution of your NPS survey at defined time intervals;
measure how the NPS score changes over time;
check which areas are your strengths and which are open for improvement.
In this article, you'll learn how to create a Series in Intercom, include a Survicate survey to send via Intercom Email or Intercom Chat or Post, and analyze the NPS score.
Table of contents:
Step 1. Create your survey
1. First, you'll need to decide whether you'd like to send your survey via email or via Intercom Messenger. Create a survey to send via Intercom by clicking on Create new survey in your Survicate dashboard.
2. Pick whether you'd like to send your survey via Intercom Emails:
or Intercom Messenger (in-app message):
3. Then, pick one of the available templates or create your own from scratch.
5. Under the Configure tab of the Email or Shareable link survey, make sure to select Intercom Emails as your tool to recognize respondents with, and to allow survey retaking by enabling Allow this survey to be taken multiple times from the same browser.❗️
Step 2. Set up a quarterly NPS survey in an Intercom Series
1. Let's start by creating a new Series in Intercom and defining the group of users who will enter this Series, meaning your target audience. For our NPS, we decided to send this survey only to our active Customer base.
2. Set up a waiting time for your NPS surveys, which will apply to the group that has entered your audience. You can use this method to send the surveys at any frequency.
3. Now, we will create the messages that will be sent at this frequency. As your content, pick the Chat, Post, or Email, depending on which survey you are planning to send. For our demonstration, we've picked chat messages (and an Intercom Messenger survey).
4. Prepare your message:
📧 In emails, you will have to copy and paste the HTML code of a link survey to the message 📧
💻 In Intercom Messenger surveys, you will have to add it to Chat or Post 💻
5. Once you connect all your messages to the corresponding waiting time, your Series should look something like this:
This method lets you send the NPS survey to the same group of contacts regularly, whether they answered the survey already or not.
Read on to learn how to only send the survey again to those who have received it before but haven't provided a response.
Step 3. Set up a Series to follow up with non-respondents
You can push the NPS score as tags to Intercom to the users or company profiles. That will allow you to send customized emails to Promoters, Passives, and Detractors later on, and help you identify who hasn't answered your survey.
1. To set up these tags, head on to the Connect tab of your survey and find Intercom.
Head on to the Settings, and select the Send tags option.
2. Select the question based on which you'd like to assign the tags and write the tags you'd like to apply.
3. Now, you can send follow-up emails to users who didn't answer the survey.
Go back to your Intercom Series, and create a filter for users who received the survey but don't have any tags, meaning they didn't respond.
Now create a message in your series that you'd like to send to the users who received the email but didn't answer the survey.
💡If you'd rather create a separate Series for this condition and not send the quarterly NPS survey, feel free to do so.
Step 4. Analyze the results
Survicate automatically calculates your NPS, and you can see it updated after each new survey response in the Analyze tab of your survey. You'll see the percentage of votes that each answer option received, the number of responses for all three respondent groups, and how many respondents answered this question in your survey.
You can also see how your NPS score changes over time. You can display results by Day, Week, Month, Quarter or Year.
Modify the NPS question to fit in with your brand
Adjust the text on the very left and right to add customized messages or translate the question to run surveys in different languages.
Download CSV and XLS exports
You can export results from specific surveys into CSV and XLS files to analyze them or combine exports from several surveys in your tool.
Calculate the overall NPS score from your surveys
If you're running many NPS surveys, feel free to use our Free NPS Calculator to check what score you are receiving from all of the respondents.
📞 If you have any questions about automating a quarterly NPS survey in Intercom - feel free to reach out to our team via chat or e-mail: email@example.com.