How does it work?
You can create a survey and distribute it through the Intercom messenger so that the entire survey will be conducted inside the chat bubble. It allows you to survey your customers inside your app and keep them engaged throughout the process.
- Entire survey right inside your Intercom messenger.
- No redirect to a landing page.
You can put your questions in a logical order to ask different follow-up questions based on responses.
It works like any other Intercom in-app message, so you can target surveys based on Intercom data you have on your Customers.
- No code installation.
- Target based on your data.
🔌 It works with our Intercom data integration, so you can send survey responses back to Intercom as:
- Tags - user or company.
- Attributes - user or company.
- Events - user.
- Open a new conversation based on survey responses.
Before you start
The messenger app works with our Intercom integration.
1. Go to: Settings > Integrations
2. Pick Intercom from the list, and click Authorize button.
📌Note: If you have authorized the integration in the past, but this is the first time you're setting up the messenger app, you may need to reauthorize it. Just click Unauthorize and then Authorize again - your current settings and surveys will stay intact.
How to create a survey for the messenger?
1. Click on the big yellow New survey button on the left of your dashboard. Select the Start from scratch:
2. And pick Intercom Messenger:
Set up Intercom app settings
In Intercom app settings tab, you can setup Intercom-specific settings for your survey.
- You can customize the text on completed / answered survey and Submit button.
- On the right side, you will be able to test-complete the survey as if you were a respondent.
- If you are on some of the paid plans, you will be able to remove Survicate branding from your surveys.
📌 Survey color will automatically be assigned from your Messenger settings. Therefore it's not editable in Survicate.
Set up Survicate settings
The Survicate Settings tab allows you to make use of the finer options.
- You can schedule your survey to go live on a certain date or stop after you've collected a given number of responses:
- Use the checkbox below if you'd like a survey to be taken multiple times by a single respondent. Once disabled, if someone tries to re-take the survey, they'll see the following message: "You have already responded to this survey.”
- If you are more of an email person, you can enable email notifications (sent after every response in real time). You can get these sent out to any email addresses you like. You can find more information about setting up email notifications here: Email notifications
ℹ️It's possible to enable daily/weekly/monthly email survey reports. Check out this article to learn more: Email Reports
- You can also send responses to Feedback Hub. It's a stand-alone Survicate product which helps you organize and analyze feedback received from different sources (more information here). Here’s how to enable it:
How to send a survey via automated or manual in-app messages
To send a survey with auto or manual message just create your message in Intercom and click on the➕ that appears on the left-hand side of the message. Select Insert app, choose Customer surveys - Survicate from the list and pick the survey you want to embed inside your message.
The survey won't be displayed fully if you distribute it as a snippet! You need to choose show the full message option to make it work.
How to send a survey during a conversation
If you want to send a survey to users or leads you chat with, you can do that by clicking on Add a messenger app in the bottom-left corner of your Inbox, choose Customer surveys - Survicate and pick a survey you want to send during during a conversation.
With surveys created and applied, you might also want to send answers to Intercom, if you do, please visit this guide:
Can I use Survicate's Messenger surveys in Intercom's mobile messenger chat?
Yes! Our surveys work on Intercom Messenger on mobile as well. Make sure to update your Intercom SDK to 5.0.4 and above.
💬 If you have any questions or need help setting up your Intercom integration, please feel free to reach out to our team. We can send suitable content over or arrange a 1:1 success call to help you out in no time. 📞