You can create a survey and distribute it through the Intercom Messenger so that the entire survey will be conducted inside the chat bubble. It allows you to survey your customers inside your app and keep them engaged throughout the process.
The benefits of this survey type are:
The entire survey is right inside your Intercom Messenger.
No redirect to a landing page.
Automatic capturing of the respondent's details.
Various distribution methods.
Step 1. Create a survey for Intercom Messenger
In the main dashboard, click on the Create new survey button.
Pick how you'd like to continue creating this survey. There are three options to choose from. You can either set up a survey of your own (start from scratch), select a survey from our templates library (start from template), or create a survey with AI.
Pick Create Intercom survey from the menu and click Continue:
💡 You can also click on Templates Library at the top of your dashboard and select the Intercom Messenger survey type:
2. If you start the survey from Scratch, start by adding your first question by selecting one of the question types.
You can change the copy of your question by clicking the copy bar, you can also include an introductory text by clicking "add introduction"
Step 2. Set up survey logic (optional)
1. We want to be able to ask different questions for our promoters, passives, and detractors.
To set up conditional Logic, you will need to have these questions ready in your survey.
Once you've added all your questions, to set up a personalized survey experience using survey logic. So, let's go ahead and add these questions.
2. Now, head on to the Logic tab of the question you'd like to set up the Logic from. Here, select the relevant questions you'd like to show your respondents based on their responses.
3. To finalize our survey, we'd like to have a CTA, so select Call to Action from the questions list.
Under the Settings tab of the call to action, you can modify the Redirect URL and Button label to finalize your survey.
Step 3. Preview your survey
On the right side of the page, you can preview your survey as if you were a respondent. Every change to your survey appears here in real-time, and you will be able to test the look and feel of your survey as you go on creating it.
Step 4. Personalize survey messages and settings
To set up your survey settings and edit survey messages, head on to the Settings tab of your survey.
You will see a list of settings you can modify for your survey. Check out the features below:
You can customize the text on an unavailable survey, completed/answered survey, and Submit button. This is especially useful if you are running your surveys in different languages.
If you are on some of the paid plans, you can remove Survicate branding from your surveys.
If you'd like a survey to be refreshed after someone completes it (so that they can retake it instantly), enable this toggle.
Step 5. Integrate with Intercom (or connect to any other supported integration!)
Under the Connect tab, you can integrate your survey answers with your day-to-day tools. You can push your survey answers to multiple tools, and keep track of customer data to every software of your choice.
1. The messenger app works with Intercom integration. Therefore, if it's your first time enabling Intercom integration, click the Connect button to set up the authorization.
2. In the pop-up window, add all the required information and press the Authorize access button to confirm the connection. If you don't see the pop-up window, you may need to allow pop-ups in your browser - please look for the settings in your browser URL bar, or use instructions for Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Edge, or Safari.
3. Now, you are ready to define which answers you'd like to send to your software. Under the Settings tab, you can see all the features we offer for the particular integration.
For Intercom, for example, you can send responses to user or company profiles as tags and/or attributes, start a conversation upon a text response, and create new users or companies.
4. Click on the feature you'd like to use. We have chosen to update attributes upon a specific answer. Under questions, you can choose which question's responses you'd like to pass to Intercom.
5. Select an attribute you want to integrate with from the list or create a new one.
6. Once you have your integration set up, you can test it without leaving Survicate - click Test integration button and we will create a test user and send question answers in the format you selected.
7. You can connect more questions to your integration by clicking ➕Connect another question and apply steps 5-7.
💡Tip: Some integration actions require specific questions. If your survey is not suitable for an action, you will be able to see them in the tooltip next to this feature.
9. Once you are ready with the integration set up, go ahead and move on to the Launch tab to start your survey!
Step 6. Send your Intercom Messenger survey
You can distribute an Intercom Messenger survey via Intercom Chat or Intercom Post, during a conversation, or set it up so that it's sent automatically after an Intercom conversation is closed.
Add a survey to the outbound message
1. To send a survey with an automated or manual message just create your Post or Chat in Intercom and click on the➕ that appears on the left-hand side of the message.
2. Select App.
3. Choose Survicate Customer Surveys from the list and pick the survey you want to embed inside your message.
4. Set up audience rules and other settings as you'd normally do - and send your message!
Send survey during a chat conversation
If you want to send a survey to users or leads you to chat with, you can do that by clicking on Show shortcuts in the bottom-left corner of your Inbox:
and choosing Use Survicate Customer Surveys, and picking a survey you want to send during a conversation.
Send a survey after a conversation is closed
You can also automatically trigger your Survicate's Intercom Messenger survey once the chat is closed in Intercom.
Check out this guide for step-by-step instructions 🚀.