Survicate and ActiveCampaign integration allows you to send survey replies to ActiveCampaign as tags or contact fields. You’ll be able to create automated campaigns based on survey responses as well as segment your email audience more effectively. The setup is easy and can be finished in less than 5 minutes.
- Create automated campaigns based on survey responses
- Build and send more targeted, segmented emails
- Create news leads/contacts based on survey submission
- Push new leads/contacts straight to your marketing automations
- Track and maintain customer data for full context
How it works?
- The integration works on a per-question basis - you get to decide whether you want to push responses to a given question to ActiveCampaign or not
- You can flow survey responses into AC as tags or contact fields. Choose from existing contact fields or create a new ActiveCampaign contact field directly in Survicate
- Responses are sent to ActiveCampaign in real time
- Even if a user doesn’t complete the entire survey, we’ll still send the responses they do give
- You can create new leads in ActiveCampaign based on ‘Contact Form’ survey submission
- You can push new contacts created via surveys straight to your marketing automations - to further engage with them
How to enable the ActiveCampaign integration
1. Go to Settings > Integrations
2. Find ActiveCampaign on the list, click Authorize
3. Provide your credentials that you've grabbed from ActiveCampaign > Settings > Developer and click Authorize.
If you don't see the pop-up window, you may need to allow pop-ups in your browser - please look for the settings in your browser URL bar, or use instructions for Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Edge, or Safari.
4. Now the integration is ready to use! You can setup the integration for each of your surveys on the question level. If you haven't created a survey yet, create a survey in Survicate to send out through ActiveCampaign.
Sending answers to ActiveCampaign as tags/contact fields
As long as you have integration enabled you can transfer all the responses to update information about your clients.
Go to the Survey edit > Questions to see the ActiveCampaign integration button on the bottom of the question setup:
1. Click on this bar to open the settings.
2. Tick the box Send answers to this question to ActiveCampaign. Then decide what you’d like to send responses to ActiveCampaign as.
Sending answers to ActiveCampaign as tags
- Check Tags checkbox
- Assign tags to each answer using tags field - you can use tags you already created or create new ones. You can assign multiple tags to your answers.
- Save your question.
Sending answers to ActiveCampaign as Contact Fields
- Check Contact Fields checkbox
- Select the contact field you want to integrate with from the list or create a new one.
- After you choose a contact field, we will be able to send data to ActiveCampaign. By default Survicate is sending content of an answer as the value, but you can use attribute values field to change the label to make it shorter or to fit your data structure.
- Save your question.
💬As soon as the setup is completed, the integration will be fully operational. Feel free to test it right from Survicate panel.
Testing the integration
Click on the Send sample data button and Go to ActiveCampaign profile to view the newly created user along with their recorded response:
You should see any responses pushed to ActiveCampaign on the user profile:
Creating new Contacts with Survicate contact forms
1. To create a contact from Survicate, add a contact form question to your survey:
2. Under ActiveCampaign integration bar, click Send answers to this question to ActiveCampaign > Create new contact in ActiveCampaign
There are two options to choose from:
- Automatically add created contacts to selected contact list - a contact will be added to any contact list of your choice.
- Automatically add created contacts to selected automation list - a contact will be added straight to a marketing automation you already have in place. As an example, you could have new leads receive a welcome message right away.
If there are existing contacts, we'll simply update them instead of creating a new contact.
📞 We would love to arrange a quick demo to help you get the integration up and running. Let us know if you have any questions about the setup, best practices and use cases.