You can use Survicate and Slack integration to send answers from your surveys to a selected Slack channel in real-time. It's a great way to share Customer feedback with your team, right there where work happens.
In this article, you'll learn step-by-step how to send survey responses as notifications to Slack.
Connect Slack integration
1. Go to the Connect tab of your survey, find and pick Slack from the list of integrations.
2. Click the Connect button to set up the authorization.
3. A pop-up window will appear for you to log in to your Slack account. If you don't see the pop-up window, you may need to allow pop-ups in your browser - please look for the settings in your browser URL bar or use instructions for Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Edge, or Safari.
Send survey responses as Slack notifications
1. Move to integration settings and enable the Send survey responses as notifications to Slack toggle.
2. Select a Slack channel to which you wish to send your responses.
3. Now, every survey response will be automatically passed to the chosen Slack channel.
Send custom notifications
You can choose to receive Slack notifications only when a specific condition is met on your survey. For example, you can decide to receive a message in your Slack channel only if someone responds to your NPS® question as a detractor to be able to follow up on feedback from unsatisfied customers faster.
1. Enable the Set and enable custom conditions for Slack notifications option after choosing the Slack channel you'd like to receive the notifications to.
2. Pick the condition you'd like to receive the notification on.
You can, for example, choose a response to a question to be able to follow up with unhappy customers quickly:
If you select the condition equals or does not equal in reference to Single-choice, Multiple-choice, Rating scale, and Dropdown questions, you can choose one or more possibilities, as in the below examples:
You can also choose a custom attribute here to only receive notifications about responses from a certain email domain or, for example, from customers who purchased a particular product:
The available conditions for a Custom attribute are equals, is not equal, contains, starts with, ends with, does not contain, is unknown, has any value.
3. You can include multiple conditions by clicking the ➕Add new button.
If you have more than one condition, decide if you want to trigger the email when both conditions are met by picking the AND condition or only when at least one of them is met by picking the OR condition:
I can't see my Slack channel in the dropdown
If you created a new channel in Slack, it would be selectable in your Survicate panel in about an hour.
Connecting a private Slack channel to your survey
All public Slack channels will be visible in the dropdown in the Send notifications section of your Slack integration.
If you'd like to connect to a private Slack channel, it may be necessary to invite the Survicate bot there. To do so, please write
@survicate in this channel, and Slack will ask if you want to invite Survicate to access this channel.
Net Promoter, NPS, and the NPS - related emoticons are registered U.S. trademarks, and Net Promoter Score and Net Promoter System are service marks, of Bain & Company, Inc., Satmetrix Systems, Inc. and Fred Reichheld.