Survicate and HubSpot integration allows you to:
Send responses to existing or new contact fields in real time;
Act upon feedback to prevent churn or boost referrals;
Quickly jump to respondents' HubSpot profiles from the text (open-ended) answers;
Use Survicate contact forms to generate new leads in HubSpot;
Connect HubSpot integration
1. To enable HubSpot integration, go to the Connect tab of your survey, find, and pick HubSpot from the list of integrations.
2. Click the Connect button to set up the authorization.
3. A pop-up window will appear for you to log in to your HubSpot account. If you don't see the pop-up window, you may need to allow pop-ups in your browser - please look for the settings in your browser URL bar, or use instructions for Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Edge, or Safari.
4. High five! The integration is ready to use. See the features we offer for HubSpot integration under Settings:
Make sure your respondents are recognized
For the integration to work (send data/update fields), the respondents must be recognized - we have to know who responded in order to send responses to this person's HubSpot profile.
1. Email surveys
To identify the respondents automatically in email surveys, you have to choose HubSpot as your distribution tool both in the Configure and Share tab of your survey:
This way, if you send your survey via HubSpot marketing emails, we'll automatically pull the respondents' first name, last name, and email.
If you send your survey via another tool, you can still identify the respondents with contact forms. To achieve that, you have to add a contact form question with a required email address field to your survey:
Please note that we'll only update fields for the questions listed after the contact form, so making the contact form the first question in your survey is recommended.
2. Website surveys
To identify the respondents automatically in website surveys, you have to collect user email as an attribute.
You can also use the contact form question, as described above ⬆️
3. Mobile surveys
In order to identify your app users, you will need to pass user traits from your app to Survicate. You'll find instructions on our website for IOS, Android, and React Native. Once you've passed these traits, you'll be able to see these traits in your survey answers and export. You'll be able to also filter based on these traits.
4. Intercom Messenger Surveys
If you send Intercom Messenger Surveys via Intercom Messenger to your existing contacts, the responses will be automatically recognized.
Update contact fields with survey responses
You can transfer survey responses to update information about your contacts in HubSpot.
1. Move to the Settings tab of the HubSpot Integration and select Update fields.
2. Select the question you wish the update the fields from. To avoid flooding your HubSpot user profiles with data, we enable you to decide on a question level whether or not to send responses to HubSpot.
3. Select the attribute you want to integrate with from the list or add a new one by writing the name of the new field:
By default, Survicate is sending the content of an answer as the HubSpot field value, but you can change the label to make it shorter or to fit your data structure - click Edit mapping to modify these values:
📌Note: For the NPS® question, we send the values mapped based on the response group, like 9-10 Promoters. If you'd like to receive your numeric value, you can enable the Send answers as 0-10 values toggle.
4. You can connect more questions to your integration by clicking ➕Connect another question and applying the same steps.
❗️If you are using other HubSpot plans, please note that sending an email from the contact record view is not sufficient for us to capture the email information due to HubSpot's restriction on personalization tokens. Therefore integration would not work. In this case, you can use Hubspot Marketing Emails made in the drag&drop editor to ensure that the data is flowing into HubSpot.
❗️If you are going to use other email types (for example, contact record emails), make sure to include the contact form email question as required for the integration to work.
Enable Survicate events and properties
Survicate events are switched off by default. If you want to see the event that was created upon survey completion, be sure to click on Filter Activity and then pick Survicate from the list:
Survicate properties are switched off by default. If you'd like to see the field that was populated with survey data, be sure to add the property to the contact view:
If you want to see custom properties from Survicate, please go to View all properties.
Survey results can be seen in the Insights from Survicate section.
View overtime survey responses in your Contact property
If you send survey responses to the same contact property (also from different surveys), you can see how the responses change over time right from HubSpot. To view your previous responses, head on to the Details of the property you are sending responses to:
Here, in property history will be able to see their previous responses:
Filter by HubSpot data in the Analyze tab of your survey
If you'd like to be able to filter your survey responses by the information about your contacts from HubSpot. You can achieve this by going to Survey settings ➡️ Integrations, searching for HubSpot, and enabling the Contact data synchronization feature:
You'll be asked to confirm that you want to import the data from HubSpot:
With this feature active, you'll be able to go to the Analyze tab and filter the survey answers by custom attributes defined in the HubSpot profiles of your respondents:
Create new prospects with Survicate contact forms
1. To create a contact from Survicate, add a Contact form question to your survey with a required E-mail field.
2. Under the Settings tab of Hubspot Integration, select Create new contacts and select the question you wish to create the new company from.
3. Enable Create new contacts in HubSpot toggle. You can also enable Add contacts to Hubspot list toggle and pick a list.
📌 If there are existing contacts with the same email addresses, we'll simply update them instead of creating a new contact.
Test integration with sample data
Once you have your survey ready and integration set up, you can test it without leaving Survicate - simply click the Test Integration button next to any attribute or tag you've created, and we will create a test user and send question answers in the format you selected.
You can view it by clicking Go to HubSpot:
You will be able to view the newly created user with the activity recorded.
Add Survicate survey modules to your HubSpot campaign
🚀 It's now easier to embed Survicate surveys in your HubSpot email templates.
1. Create an Email/Shareable link survey and choose HubSpot as the tool to identify respondents with.
2. Go to the Share tab of your survey, and in the Launch in an email section, click on Get your HubSpot module:
3. To confirm that everything worked properly, go to Marketing ➡️ Files and templates ➡️ Design tools in HubSpot to see that your account now has the Survicate survey module.
4. Go to Marketing ➡️ Email to create a new email. Select + More and look for the content named Survicate survey module: your survey's name to drag and drop the Survicate survey directly into your email's body:
5. Now, you can add your survey module directly to your email template.
🔧 If you don't see the module in your HubSpot account, please go to Integrations ➡️ HubSpot ➡️ Connection, and choose the Reauthorize option:
📌 If you already clicked on Get your HubSpot module but would like to modify your survey's first question, please modify the survey the way you wish, duplicate the survey, and then use the duplicate survey to create a module and collect responses. That's because a module already created will not be overwritten in HubSpot.
Net Promoter, NPS, and the NPS - related emoticons are registered U.S. trademarks, and Net Promoter Score and Net Promoter System are service marks, of Bain & Company, Inc., Satmetrix Systems, Inc. and Fred Reichheld.