With Survicate and HubSpot integration you can send survey responses to your lead properties. You can use it for better segmentation, lead grading and qualification. The set up is very easy and can be finished in less than 5 minutes.
How does it work?
- Question level integration - for each survey question you can decide if you want to send responses to a chosen property or not
- You can choose existing properties from the list, or create a new one without leaving Survicate
- Responses are sent in real-time
- You can use Survicate contact forms to generate new leads in HubSpot
- We will assign responses from website surveys to correct lead using HubSpot cookie
Table of contents:
How to enable HubSpot integration
1. Go to Settings > Integrations
2. Find Hubspot on the list, click Authorize
3. A pop-up window will appear for you to log in to your Hubspot account.
If you don't see the pop-up window, you may need to allow pop-ups in your browser - please look for the settings in your browser URL bar, or use instructions for Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Edge, or Safari.
4. Now the integration is ready to use! You can set up the integration for each of your surveys on the question level. If you haven't created a survey yet, create a survey in Survicate to send out through Hubspot.
Adding answers as HubSpot properties
Once you have integration enabled you can transfer all the responses to update information about your clients.
Go to the Survey edit > Questions to see the HubSpot integration button on the bottom of the question setup:
1. Click this bar to open the settings
2. Tick the box Send answers to this question to HubSpot and choose a field you want to feed with Survicate data. You can pick one from the list, or add a new one by writing the name of new property:
❗️We only support certain types of HubSpot fields. Please make sure that you want to send survey responses to one of these fields:
• Multiple choice checkboxes, dropdown
• Dropdown (select)
• Text field (string)
3. After you choose a Hubspot field, we will be able to send data to Hubspot. By default, Survicate is sending the content of an answer as the field value, but you can use Hubspot field values field to change the label to make it shorter or to fit your data structure.
4. Save your question. As soon as you set everything up, the integration is working and you're welcome to test it.
ℹ️If you are a user of Hubspot Marketing Hub emails, you can start using Hubspot integration right away.
❗️If you are using other Hubspot plans, please note that sending an email from the contact record view is not sufficient for us to capture the email information, due to Hubspot's restriction on personalization tokens. Therefore integration would not work.
In this case, you can use Hubspot Marketing Emails made in drag&drop editor to ensure that the data is flowing into Hubspot.
❗️If you are willing to use other email types, make sure to include contact form email question as required in order for the integration to work.
Viewing overtime survey responses in your Contact property
If you are sending survey responses to the same contact property (also from different surveys), you will be able to see how the responses change over time right from Hubspot.
To view your previous responses head on to the details of the property you are sending responses to.
Here in property history will be able to see their previous responses:
Testing the integration
Click on Send sample data button and go to HubSpot profile to view newly created user with the activity recorded:
If you want to see custom properties from Survicate, please go to View all properties
Survey results can be seen in Insights from Survicate section:
📌 Survicate events are switched off by default. If you want to see the event that was created upon survey completion, be sure to click on Filter Activity and then pick Survicate from the list:
📌 Survicate properties are switched off by default. If you'd like to see the field that was populated with survey data, be sure to add the property to the contact view:
Creating new prospects with Survicate contact forms
1. To create a contact from Survicate, add a contact form question to your survey:
2. Under Hubspot integration bar, click Send answers to this question to Hubspot > Create new contact in Hubspot
3. Pick Automatically add created contacts to selected Hubspot list and pick or add a list.
❗️Make sure to include the email field and make it required in your contact form in order to create a new prospect.
If there are existing contacts, we'll simply update them instead of creating a new contact.
📞 If you have any questions about the setup, best practices, and use cases we would love to arrange a quick demo to help you get things going.
I can't connect Hubspot to Survicate
Please note that in order to connect integrations with Hubspot you will need to have 'App marketplace access' permissions in Hubspot, and user, admin, or owner permissions in Survicate. You can read more about Hubspot permissions here, and Survicate permissions here.
My Hubspot integration isn't working
Please check if you have selected Hubspot as the distribution method under Settings > Survey distribution and if your survey responses are identified. We can't send responses to Hubspot for unidentified respondents!
Also please note that answering the survey from the "test email function" is not sufficient for the integration to work, you will need to send the survey to an existing contact if you wish to test the integration.