Website surveys are widgets that you can display on pages on your website or web app. They can be quick questions, contact forms, CTA buttons, or in depth questionnaires. You can launch these surveys on specific pages, after specific actions, and even to a specified target group.
You can benefit from using Survicate website surveys in a multitude of ways:
- Capture feedback from visitors in real-time to ask spot-on questions
- Collect contact information and increase conversion rate
- Trigger a survey based on specific events such as exit intent or cart abandonment
- Receive invaluable insights about your landing pages, post-purchase experience or cancellation reasons
Before you start:
In order to run surveys on your website, you'll need to install Survicate’s tracking code that you can find under the "Tracking Code" in Settings at the top-right corner of your panel. If you haven't completed this step, check our article:
Creating a website survey
1. When you log in to your account, you'll see the panel where you can view all surveys you’ve created - both active and inactive. To create a new survey click on Add New Survey +.
Now you get to decide whether you'd like to ⓵ choose from some ready-to-use surveys or ⓶create a survey of your own.
⓵ If you select a template, don't forget to pick website survey as the distribution channel:
⓶ To guide you through creating a survey, we are going to create a survey from scratch. To create a website survey, choose the Website or web app widget and give a name.
🔁Integrate your survey with your website optimization tool
- Send survey responses to Google Analytics as events to create custom visitor segments
- Associate survey responses with FullStory recordings and uncover the whys and wherefores of feedback you receive
- Save survey responses as Segment events and further send them to other destinations, use Segment-based data for detailed analysis
📤Enable Slack integration to notify your team and act on feedback in real-time
Frequently asked questions
I have made some changes to my survey, but I don't see these changes appearing.
There might be up to 15 minutes delay for your changes to update on the servers. If you still don't see these changes after 15 minutes please reach us at email@example.com.
How can I see my survey again on my website after responding or closing the survey?
Website surveys could be taken only once by default, therefore if you've replied survey or closed your survey, you won't be seeing it again. If you want to test your survey's experience on your website, you should do it in the incognito mode of your browser. And after every test, make sure to close all incognito windows.
I have set up my survey but I can't see it on my website?
Please go back to the tracking code installation article and check if your code is installed correctly. If you are getting your workspace key but your active survey is still not appearing, please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.