You can use Survicate and FullStory to:
Send survey responses to FullStory as events and use them as filters;
Detect how NPS scores affect conversion rates;
Speed up resolution time - by seeing for yourself what users experienced;
Trigger in-product or website surveys when users perform a specific action;
Tie frustration signals, such as Rage Clicks, with customer feedback and deploy fixes;
Visualize what’s the experience like for happy customers and unhappy ones, and more!
In this article, you'll learn how to set up the integration step-by-step and how to use its features to your advantage.
Table of contents:
Connecting the integration
You can enable the integration either from your FullStory account, from your Survicate account settings, or from a particular survey. All 3 ways are valid.
1. Log in to your FullStory account, go to Settings, click Integrations and API keys, find Survicate on the list and hit Add.
📌 If you'd like to use a View in Survicate button on FullStory user profiles, then it's required that you enable the Survicate integration in FullStory.
3. Navigate to the Connect tab of your website or in-product survey builder, find and click on FullStory
and click Connect on the next page
By default, we'll send all survey responses to FullStory as events.
Watching session recordings associated with the corresponding survey responses
1. In Survicate, create a website widget survey and launch it on your website.
2. Make sure the survey has at least one open-ended (text) question if you'd like to jump right into the FullStory recording from Survicate.
3. Once you get a new survey response, go to the Analyze in Survicate.
4. Find the relevant text response and select View FullStory session to watch the recording.
📌 You can also filter session recordings based on customer feedback in FullStory. From FullStory, search by
custom event and pick
survicate question answered, then, select which survey answers you'd like to see a recording for. You can select all types of answers, not necessarily open-ended (text) questions.
📌 Please note that it might take up to 30 minutes for Survicate events to appear on your account.
Sending survey responses to FullStory as events and using them as filters
1. Create a website widget survey and wait until you get some responses.
2. In FullStory, use event filters, search
custom event and filter by
survicate question answered
The values Survicate is sending to FullStory are:
3. Use survey responses to create Conversion Funnels, Segments, and more.
4. You can also view Survicate-related events when watching session recordings, on the right-hand side of the screen and on the timeline.
Accessing the latest survey responses straight from a FullStory user profile
If a given user has answered any of your surveys, you can visit their Survicate profile from FullStory. On a user profile in FullStory, click View in Survicate to access the user's latest feedback.
I have enabled Fullstory integration and collected some responses, but I can't see Survicate events in Fullstory?
Please look for
Survicate question answered events under
API events in your FullStory account.
If you don't see this event, please check whether the FullStory snippet deployed on your webpage is up to date with the snippet on your settings page. You're specifically looking for a line in the snippet with the phrase
g.event. If the snippet you have installed on your website doesn't have the
g.event line, please update your snippet.
You can find more information in FullStory documentation for custom events.
Create your website survey
Set up your website survey's Audience and Triggers
Here you can see our articles with step-by-step instructions on how to take advantage of all of Survicate's targeting options for website surveys.
Run exit-intent surveys to understand bounce rate
Learn here how to trigger surveys when your visitors are about to leave the page, and find out why your potential customers are not converting.
📞 Let us know if you have any questions about the setup, best practices and use cases.