Website exit-intent surveys appear when a user is about the leave the page in a website or web application. Survicate exit-intent surveys also work on mobile web-browsers!
Why you should run exit-intent surveys?
- Collect insights to understand bounce and exit rates on your pages
- Understand shopping cart abandonment
- Improve website conversion
- Gather contact information and improve lead conversion
How to create an exit intent survey?
3. Customize your widget style and colors in the Design tab, make your survey entirely branded as your own! You can change the placement of the survey on the page, and modify your survey messages.
4. Head over to the Settings tab. Under "Where should the survey appear?" tab, pick "When the visitor is about to leave the page (exit intent)"
We trigger the survey when a person moves the cursor above a certain line (it’s 20px below the top of the page) or based on mouse movements – when a person moves the mouse quickly to the top of the page they are usually about to exit.
ℹ️On mobile devices, exit intent surveys are triggered when a visitor starts going back up on the page. We recognize this behavior as a gesture of bringing down the address bar. This gesture is used to assume that the user is no longer engaged in the content on the page, and that's when the survey appears.
6. Once you are ready with your survey, start it from the "Start" button, and get ready to dive into your insights 🚀