Website exit-intent surveys appear when a user is about the leave the page in a website or web application. Survicate exit-intent surveys also work on mobile web-browsers!
Why you should run exit-intent surveys?
- Collect insights to understand bounce and exit rates on your pages
- Understand shopping cart abandonment
- Improve website conversion
- Gather contact information and improve lead conversion
How to create an exit intent survey?
2. Customize your widget style and colors in the Create tab, make your survey entirely branded as your own! You can change the placement of the survey on the page, and modify your survey messages.
3. Head over to the Target > Triggers tab. Under the option When would you like to show the survey? pick When the user is about to exit
We trigger the survey when a person moves the cursor above a certain line (it’s 20px below the top of the page) or based on mouse movements – when a person moves the mouse quickly to the top of the page they are usually about to exit.
📌On mobile devices, exit intent surveys are triggered when a visitor starts going back up on the page. We recognize this behavior as a gesture of bringing down the address bar. This gesture is used to assume that the user is no longer engaged in the content on the page, and that's when the survey appears.
Can I ask for an email in my exit intent survey?
Of course! if you'd like to collect email addresses from your visitors, simply add Contact Form question to any step of your survey flow:
And select "email" as your field type: