Website surveys can be displayed on all types of devices. By default, surveys are displayed both on desktop and mobile browsers, however, you can decide to target either desktop or mobile users.
In this article, you'll learn how to create a new audience, include or exclude certain groups of website visitors and target only those respondents who use a certain device type.
Step 1. Create a website survey
1. Create a new survey and choose the Website or in-product surveys type from the menu. You can either set up a survey of your own (start from scratch), select a survey from our templates library (start from template), create a survey with AI, or import questions you prepared before:
Step 2. Decide on the audience
1. Go to the Target > Audience section of your survey.
2. Create a New Audience, name it, and pick Device under the Add Filter button:
3. Choose the device you would like to target from a drop-down menu.
4. After adjusting the filters you want to use, click Create audience and enable the new audience to display the survey only for the chosen group.
Step 3. Analyze and filter results
After collecting some responses, head to the Analyze tab to see your feedback. You can either analyze the Overall results or move on to the Individual responses tab. Under Response details, see that each respondent has a device type assigned to their answer.
💡In case you don't choose only one device type in the Target section of your survey and collect feedback regardless of the respondent's device, you can later on Filter the survey results by the device to compare the answers of each group:
Can I also target a specific model of a desktop or mobile device?
No, it's currently impossible to target the surveys depending on the model or brand of a mobile or desktop device.
I don't see the survey even though I am using the correct type of device
If you can't see the website survey and you've seen it before, try using incognito mode or changing the viewing frequency.
Also, please make sure Survicate supports your browser version.