Survey frequency allows you to collect regular feedback from the same respondents while ensuring that they don't see the survey more often than you'd like them to based on visitors' reactions to the widget.
With survey frequency, you can:
track the change in your visitors' satisfaction by running an NPS survey periodically;
decide to show the survey again instantly, every day, week, month, or quarter;
ensure that visitors don't see a survey again if they closed it, so they don't feel overwhelmed by the pop-ups on your website;
create just one survey and show it to respondents many times without the need to pause it and enable it again.
In this article, you'll learn how to set up your website survey to appear as often as you want, always to have up-to-date feedback to act on and improve your website.
Table of contents:
Step 1. Create a website survey
1. Create a new Website or in-product survey. You can either set up a survey of your own (start from scratch) or select a survey from our templates library (start from template).
2. Customize your widget style and colors in the Create tab, and make your survey entirely branded as your own! You can change the placement of the survey on the page and modify your survey messages.
Step 2. Set the survey frequency if the visitor hasn't responded
1. Under the Target > Frequency tab, you can pick how often you'd like your survey to appear and set up recurrency based on your users' interactions with your survey.
2. You can decide how often your survey will be displayed to specific visitors who haven't responded yet. The visitor will see the survey when the targeting conditions match.
👉 Show the survey again, but during the next visit to the website: If your visitor moves on to another page without closing or responding to the survey, it will appear again when the user returns to your website.
👉 Continue showing the survey until the user responds or closes it: The survey will be visible all the time until the visitor responds to the survey or closes the survey.
👉 Never show the survey again: The visitor will see the survey until they move to another page, respond or close it.
Step 3. Set the survey frequency if the visitor has responded or closed the survey
1. Head to the Target > Frequency tab and scroll down to the If the user has responded or closed the survey section.
2. You can choose how often to show your survey to visitors who have already responded or closed the survey.
👉 Never show the survey again: The visitor will not see the survey again if he closes or answers the survey.
👉 Let the user take the survey multiple times on a recurring basis: If someone has responded to the survey, you can set up a recurring survey condition to enable them to retake the same survey at specific frequencies; instantly, daily, monthly, weekly, or quarterly.
I can see the survey more often than I should
If you enter the website where the survey is shown from another device or another browser, the survey will be displayed as if you were a new visitor.
Make sure only a chosen group of visitors see your survey
Target the survey on specific URLs or show it with a delay
Choose to show your survey after someone has scrolled a part of your webpage when they're about to exit or only on some of your website's subpages. Visit our targeting basic guide to learn how to achieve this.
📞 If you have any questions about setting up the survey frequency - feel free to reach out to our team via chat or email: firstname.lastname@example.org