In the Audience tab, you can create user segments based on various parameters like the number of visits, visit source, language, attributes, and many more.
1. To define these settings go to Edit > Target > Audience
2. Click New Audience button, give your audience a name and click Create Audience
3. You can define your audience based on various Filters, add multiple filters to your audience, or create multiple audiences to target your surveys. Simply include filters you'd like to segment your audience:
- Attributes: This enables you to target your users with the information you already know about them. Such as plan, demographics, department... Make sure to add attributes to your tracking code before selecting this option.
- Cookies: Enables you to include or exclude visitors based on cookies. Read more about targeting based on cookies
- Login status: this option allows you to target surveys either to logged-in users or unknown visitors. If you want to use it, you need to enable ID tracking.
- Language: Trigger your surveys based on your respondent's browser language.
- Device: Target your surveys based on which device they viewed from, desktop or mobile.
- Tags: Allow you to target visitors who have seen or interacted with your previous surveys so you can build personalized experiences for your respondents.
- Visit frequency: Include or exclude users based on how many times they've visited your website
- Visit source: Target visitors who are coming from different sources
- Visit dept: Target visitors based on the number of pages they have seen in the current session
- Visited URLs: Target only a group of visitors who have visited specific pages before
- You can additionally target your surveys only to a percentage of your traffic. Change the "Survey will appear to X % of the audience selected below" field.
📌 Note: You can have multiple segments and multiple options within these segments at the same time. Add more filters to a specific audience by clicking Add Filter. If you have two or more filters in the same audience, we will trigger the survey when all of these filters are matching the visitor (AND condition).
📌 Note: If you have two or more audiences enabled, we trigger the surveys to all enabled audiences. (OR condition)
💡Tip: You can save your audience to use them on other surveys. In this case, changes to that audience will apply to all surveys running with that audience. You will be able to see if the audience is used in another survey under the audience name.
❗️Remember! You have to enable the audience in order to display the survey properly!