Tagging allows you to target visitors who have interacted with your previous surveys. Tags can be added to visitors who:
have given a specific answer,
participated in a specific survey.
Tags are stored in profiles created for every visitor to your website.
Targeting based on tagging allows you to build personalized experiences for your respondents. The list of use cases is endless, so there are only a couple of examples:
exclude visitors unwilling to answer your further surveys,
collected feedback on different stages of experience based on the previous answer
segment users to target only those using a specific feature
How do you tag respondents upon specific answers?
1. Enable the tagging feature from Settings > Integrations. Find Tagging, and click connect
2. Go to your survey editor, pick the question you want to tag, and head to Settings > Tagging; then write tags in empty spaces and press Enter to create the tag.
Each answer can be tagged with multiple tags;
Tag can't have spaces, but you can separate words with an underline or a dash;
You can add tags to any question type.
💡 If you want to target people who finished your survey, you should tag all answers in the last question with the same tag, such as
How to set up targeting based on tagging?
1. To set up tagging based targeting, go to Edit > Target > Audience
2. Create a New Audience, then pick Tags under the Add Filter button:
3. Here, pick whether you'd like to include or exclude the user with specific tags:
4. Type in the tag or tags you want to include or exclude from your survey, and click Create Audience:
You can add more filters to a specific audience by clicking Add filter.
❗️Remember! You have to enable the audience to display the survey properly!
📌 If you have two or more audiences enabled, we trigger the surveys to all enabled audiences.
Set up your website survey's Triggers
From your Survicate Panel, you can choose on which device you want to display the survey and who and how often you will see it and decide on what URLs and when they should appear.
Target the survey on specific URLs or show it with a delay
Choose to show your survey after someone has scrolled a part of your webpage when they're about to exit, or only on some of your website's subpages. Visit our targeting basic guide to learn how to achieve this.
Run multilingual surveys
Try our automatic translations feature to show your respondent's surveys adjusted to their browser language and increase the response rate.
📞 If you have any questions or need assistance - feel free to reach out to our team via chat or email: firstname.lastname@example.org