Tagging allows you to target visitors who have seen or interacted with your previous surveys. Tags can be added to visitors who:
- have given a specific answer,
- participated in a specific survey.
Tags are stored in profiles that are created for every visitor of your website.
Why is it useful?
Targeting based on tagging allows you to build personalized experiences for your respondents. The list of use cases is endless, so there’s only a couple of examples:
- exclude visitors unwilling to answer to your further surveys,
- collected feedback on different stages of experience, basing on the previous answer
- segment users to target only those using a specific feature
How to tag respondents upon specific answers?
1. Enable the tagging feature from Settings > Add-ons > Tagging:
2. Go to the question you want to tag and click on Integrations & tagging then write tags in empty spaces, press Enter to create a tag.
- Each answer can be tagged with multiple tags.
- Tag can't have spaces, but you can separate words with an underline or a dash
- You can add tags to any question type
💡Tip: If you want to target people who finished your survey, you should tag all answers in the last question with the same tag, such as "NPS-survey-completed".
How to set up targeting based on tagging?
1. To setup tagging based targeting, go to Edit > Settings > Who should see your survey
2. Create a new visitor segment by clicking Create new segment
3. Here, under Have they been engaged with other surveys already?, you can include and exclude visitors that have specific tags:
❗️Remember! You have to enable the segment in order to display the survey properly!
📌Note: If you have two or more segments enabled, we trigger the surveys to all enabled segments.