Tagging allows you to target visitors who have seen or interacted with your previous surveys. Tags can be added to visitors who:
have given a specific answer,
participated in a specific survey.
Tags are stored in profiles that are created for every visitor of your website.
Targeting based on tagging allows you to build personalized experiences for your respondents. The list of use cases is endless, so there’s only a couple of examples:
exclude visitors unwilling to answer to your further surveys,
collected feedback on different stages of experience, basing on the previous answer
segment users to target only those using a specific feature
How to tag respondents upon specific answers?
1. Enable the tagging feature from Settings > Add-ons > Tagging, click view:
2. Go to Edit > Create mode of your survey, pick the question you want to tag, and head on to Settings > Tagging, then write tags in empty spaces, press Enter to create the tag.
Each answer can be tagged with multiple tags.
Tag can't have spaces, but you can separate words with an underline or a dash
You can add tags to any question type
💡Tip: If you want to target people who finished your survey, you should tag all answers in the last question with the same tag, such as
How to set up targeting based on tagging?
1. To setup tagging based targeting, go to Edit > Target > Audience
2. Create a New Audience, then pick Tags under the Add Filter button:
3. Here, pick whether you'd like to include or exclude the user with specific tags:
4. Type in the tag or tags you want to include or exclude from your survey**,** and click Create Audience:
❗️Remember! You have to enable the audience in order to display the survey properly!
📌Note: If you have two or more audiences enabled, we trigger the surveys to all enabled audiences.
You can also add more filters to a specific audience by clicking New filter.