Using Segment integration you can:
- install Survicate tracking code through Segment with a few clicks
- specify your survey audience more precisely, using Segment-based data from group and identify calls
- filter your survey results to categorize your answers based on data coming from various Segment sources
- send answers collected with Survicate to your Segment destinations & warehouses
Table of Contents:
Connecting Survicate to Segment
1. To integrate with your Segment account go to Settings > Integrations, then click Authorize Segment:
2. Log in to your Segment account from the pop-up window, pick the Workspace and Source you'd like to integrate, and click Allow
Installing Survicate tracking code with Segment
All you need to integrate with Segment is to get to Settings > Tracking code and click Install with Segment. You will be prompted to your Segment account - choose the workspace you want to connect with. Your Tracking code will be installed automatically and the destination will be set up as well.
How does the integration work?
Once the integration is enabled Survicate will start accepting Segment identify & group calls. Information sent from Segment will start appearing as respondents' attributes. You can use customer data sent from Segment to:
- Target your website surveys more precisely. Please visit our article on targeting based on respondent attributes to find out more
- Filter your survey results and analyze it more precisely:
- Once the integration is enabled in Survicate, all survey responses to web surveys will start appearing in Segment Debugger. You can select which destinations or warehouses to send your responses via track events from your client-side source.
How to check if the integration is enabled successfully?
- Once you answer a website survey installed with Segment, you will see the track events are sent from Segment to Survicate from the Segment debugger. You can validate the connection by clicking Validate... and picking Survicate as your destination:
After the validation, you'll be able to see them on the respondent profile.
- In the source that’s connected to Survicate, you should start to see
survicate_survey_answeredevent. They can both be seen in the debugger - as they appear live, but also under the schema tab.