Running surveys on a website allows you to collect feedback from your visitors directly, understand their behavior and motivations, and find out how they respond to your content or offer.
💡 Do I need to install the code to launch my survey?
If you plan to launch a Website or in-product survey or the Feedback Button, you must install the tracking code first. Installation is done only once, so you shouldn't repeat this step when setting up your next surveys. You can proceed without installing the code for other survey types (Email or Shareable link and Mobile).
1. Go to Survey settings > Web surveys.
2. Install the tracking code using one-click installation buttons:
If you use Google Tag Manager, you can use the one-click installation button available in your Survicate account or find the Survicate plug-in inside GTM.
WordPress users can use our plugin;
Segment users can install the code via Segment integration.
Manual tracking code installation
You can install the tracking code manually by adding your unique tracking code to your website.
1. Copy the tracking code:
On the Tracking Code page, copy the Survicate tracking code under Manual Installation.
2. Paste the tracking code to all the website pages you want to launch surveys on.
The general recommendation is to insert the tracking code at the bottom of the <body> part. We suggest adding the tracking code to your website template so that it automatically goes into each page of your site.
3. Test if your code is installed correctly with the instructions below before launching your first survey.
Check if your code is installed properly
To check if the Survicate tracking code is installed correctly, you need to do two steps:
1. Open your website in the browser, go to DevTools and view the Console. For that, you can use the following shortcuts:
2. As soon as you have the Console open, you will see a place to input your code:
Paste the code
_svc in the Console and click Enter.
If the Survicate tracking code is installed correctly, you should see a message with your workspaceKey.
When you see the red error message, you need to install the tracking code again.
Looking for website survey ideas?
Take a look at our video 📽️