By installing Survicate tracking code with Google Tag Manager on your website, you'll be able to:
receive insights about your website or product;
trigger a survey based on specific events such as exit intent;
capture responses from visitors in real-time;
embed a Feedback Button to collect continuous feedback.
In this article, you'll learn how to install Survicate on your website either while launching your survey or from your account settings.
Table of contents:
To install Survicate on your website, follow one of the following two methods (choose whichever one you prefer – both are valid).
Install Survicate while launching your survey
1. Navigate to the Launch tab of your survey and choose to Install with Google Tag Manager.
2. Click on Install Now from the Google Tag Manager One-Click Installation window.
3. Pick your GTM account, container, and workspace from the list when a modal window appears.
Remember to click Install.
4. Go to your Google Tag Manager account, open the container you connected in the previous step, and go to the Admin tab. Click on Install Google Tag Manager and add the code you see there to your website, where you want to show your Survicate surveys or Feedback Button.
1. In your Survicate Panel, go to Settings > Web surveys.
Click on the Install with Google Tag Manager button.
2. You will see the modal window with One-Click Installation:
Choose your account, container, and workspace, and press Install.
3. Go to your Google Tag Manager account, open the container you connected in the previous step, and go to the Admin tab. Click on Install Google Tag Manager and add the code you see there to your website, where you want to show your Survicate surveys or Feedback Button.
🌟 In your Google Tag Manager account, you can set rules and triggers to decide from this tool's level when and where the Survicate surveys should be shown to your website visitors.
I see the error: "We couldn't publish your tracking code" while installing with GTM
If you have multiple workspaces, it's possible the tracking code for another workspace is already added to the GTM container. In this case, please create a new GTM container and select it during the installation.
Can I add your tracking code with the Survicate Widget available in Google Tag Manager?
This way of implementing tracking code is still being developed. Currently, we are not able to support troubleshooting caused by using GTM Survicate Widget. It's recommended to use manual installation or the One-Click Installation described above.
Show a Feedback Button on your website or web app
Embed the Survicate Feedback Button to gather continuous feedback from your users.
Run multilingual surveys
Try our automatic translations feature to show your respondent's surveys adjusted to their browser language and increase the response rate.
Enable Product Integrations
Once your Website or in-product survey starts collecting responses, feel free to enable the Mixpanel, Productboard, or Amplitude integration in the Connect tab of your survey to track feedback from your website visitors.
📞 If you need assistance with installing Survicate on your website via Google Tag Manager, please contact us at email@example.com or strike up a chat conversation.