By installing the Survicate tracking code with Google Tag Manager on your website, you'll be able to:
receive insights about your website or product;
trigger a survey based on specific events such as exit intent;
capture responses from visitors in real-time;
embed a Feedback Button to collect continuous feedback.
In this article, you'll learn how to install Survicate on your website, either while launching your survey or from your account settings.
To install Survicate on your website, follow one of the two methods described below (choose whichever one you prefer – both are valid).
Install Survicate while launching your survey
1. Navigate to the Launch tab of your Website or in-product survey and choose to Install with Google Tag Manager.
2. Click on Install Now from the Google Tag Manager One-Click Installation window.
3. Pick your GTM account, container, and workspace from the list when a modal window appears.
Remember to click Install.
4. Go to your Google Tag Manager account, open the container you connected in the previous step, and go to the Admin tab. Click on Install Google Tag Manager and add the code you see there to your website, where you want to show your Survicate surveys or Feedback Button.
1. In your Survicate Panel, go to Surveys Settings > Web surveys.
Click on the Install with Google Tag Manager button.
2. You will see the modal window with One-Click Installation:
Choose your account, container, and workspace, and press Install.
3. Go to your Google Tag Manager account, open the container you connected in the previous step, and go to the Admin tab. Click on Install Google Tag Manager and add the code you see there to your website, where you want to show your Survicate surveys or Feedback Button.
I see the error: "We couldn't publish your tracking code" while installing with GTM
If you have multiple workspaces, it's possible the tracking code for another workspace is already added to the GTM container. In this case, please create a new GTM container and select it during the installation.
Can I add your tracking code with the Survicate Widget available in Google Tag Manager?
This way of implementing tracking code is still being developed. Currently, we are not able to support troubleshooting caused by using GTM Survicate Widget. It's recommended to use manual installation or the One-Click Installation described above.