Website surveys are widgets that you can display on pages of your website or in-product. They can be quick questions, contact forms, CTA buttons, or in-depth questionnaires. You can launch these surveys on specific pages, after specific actions, or to a specified target group.
You can benefit from using Survicate website surveys in a multitude of ways:
Capture feedback from visitors in real-time to ask spot-on questions;
Collect contact information and increase conversion rate;
Trigger a survey based on specific events such as exit intent or cart abandonment;
Receive invaluable insights about your landing pages, post-purchase experience, or cancellation reasons.
This article will guide you through the first steps of creating your survey. Done with your survey already? Learn how to install the tracking code!
Table of contents:
Step 1. Create a new website survey
1. To create a new survey click on Create new survey.
2. Pick Website or in-product surveys from the menu, and how you'd like to continue creating this survey.
3. You can either set up a survey of your own (start from scratch) or select a survey from our templates library (start from template).
To guide you through creating a survey, we are going to create a survey from scratch.
4. Start by adding your first question by selecting one of the question types
5. You can change the copy of your question by clicking the copy bar, you can also include an introductory text by clicking Add introduction
💡 You can easily duplicate or delete a question by clicking the three-dot icon:
💡 You can make a question mandatory under the settings tab:
Step 2. Setting up Survey logic
1. Once you've added your questions, move on to setting up survey logic for a personalized survey experience. Dive into this guide to learn more about possible configurations. Before proceeding, you'll need to make sure you've added all the questions and head on to the question logic settings.
💡You can insert a question directly to a point in the survey by clicking the yellow ➕ button in between the questions:
Step 3. Add a thank you page
1. You might want to have a personalized thank you screen. To add and customize it, select Thank you screen from the questions menu and type in your message.
2. Under the settings tab, you can select a custom call to action to finalize your survey. You can use automatic page redirect, call to action button, or social buttons:
📌 Please note that custom action this feature is available for some of the paid plans. Please visit our Pricing page or reach out to us to learn more.
Make sure only a chosen group of visitors see your survey
Integrate your survey with your website optimization tool:
Send survey responses to Google Analytics as events to create custom visitor segments
Associate survey responses with FullStory recordings and uncover the whys and wherefores of feedback you receive
Save survey responses as Segment events and further send them to other destinations, use Segment-based data for detailed analysis
Enable Slack integration to notify your team and act on feedback in real-time
Run multilingual surveys
Try our automatic translations feature to show your respondent's surveys adjusted to their browser language and increase the response rate.
Frequently asked questions
I have made some changes to my survey, but I don't see these changes appearing.
There might be up to 15 minutes delays for your changes to update on the servers. If you still don't see these changes after 15 minutes please reach us at email@example.com.
How can I see my survey again on my website after responding or closing the survey?
Website surveys could be taken only once by default, therefore if you've replied survey or closed your survey, you won't be seeing it again. If you want to test your survey's experience on your website, you should do it in the incognito mode of your browser. And after every test, make sure to close all incognito windows.
📞 If you have any questions or need assistance - feel free to reach out to our team via chat or email: firstname.lastname@example.org