The Survicate and Klaviyo integration allow you to update Klaviyo subscriber profiles with survey responses. We’ll send survey replies to Klaviyo as property values - to any field of your choice. You’ll be able to create automated campaigns based on survey responses as well as segment your email audience more effectively. The setup is extremely easy and takes up to 5 minutes.
How does it work?
Integration on a per-question basis - you get to decide whether you want to push responses to a given question to Klaviyo or not
You can flow survey responses into any existing property or create a new Klaviyo property directly in Survicate
Responses are sent to Klaviyo in real-time
Even if a user doesn’t complete the entire survey, we’ll still send the responses they do give
You can create new leads in Klaviyo based on ‘Contact Form’ survey submission
🛠 Enable Klaviyo integration
1. To enable Klaviyo integration, go to the Connect tab of your survey, find, and pick Klaviyo from the list of integrations.
2. Click the Connect button to set up the authorization.
3. A pop-up window will appear for you to authorize your Klaviyo account. Provide your credentials that you've grabbed from Klaviyo Settings and click Authorize. If you don't see the pop-up window, you may need to allow pop-ups in your browser - please look for the settings in your browser URL bar, or use instructions for Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Edge, or Safari.
4. Now the integration is ready to use! See the features we offer for Klaviyo integration under the settings:
Jump to section:
Sending responses to Klaviyo as contact properties
Once the integration is enabled, you’ll be able to flow all survey responses into Klaviyo as contact properties. By doing so, you’ll enrich your Klaviyo subscriber profiles with invaluable survey insights.
1. Move on the Settings tab of Klaviyo Integration, and select update contact properties
2. Select the question you wish the update the fields from. To avoid flooding your Klaviyo user profiles with data, we enable you to decide on a question level whether or not to send responses to Klaviyo.
3. Select the prospect field you want to integrate with from the list or add a new one by writing the name of new the new field:
❗️We do not display your custom properties in the dropdown list. If you’d like to flow survey responses into a custom property that you’ve created beforehand, just type in the name of the property.
By default, Survicate is sending the content of an answer as the prospect field value, but you can change the label to make it shorter or to fit your data structure - click edit mapping to modify these values:
📌Note: For the NPS question, we send the values mapped based on the response group, however, if you'd like to receive your numeric value, you can enable the "Send Answers as 0-10 values" toggle.
4. You can connect more questions to your integration by clicking ➕Connect another question and apply the same steps.
Once you have your integration set up, you can test it without leaving Survicate by clicking Test Integration button.
Creating a contact in Klaviyo from a Contact Form submission
Whenever someone responds to your Contact Form survey, you can create a new contact in Klaviyo.
1. To create a new contact in Klaviyo from Survicate, add a contact form question to your survey with a required email field.
2. Under the Settings tab of Klaviyo Integration, and select Create new contacts, and select the question you wish to create the new contact from.
3. Enable "Create new contacts in Klaviyo" toggle.
4. You can add all your contacts to Klaviyo list, to do that, enable Add contacts to Klaviyo list toggle and pick a Klaviyo list
Testing the integration
Once you have your survey ready and integration set up, you can test it without leaving Survicate - simply click Test Integration button next to any attribute or tag you've created, and we will create a test user and send question answers in the format you selected.
You can view it by clicking Go to Klaviyo:
You should see any responses pushed to Klaviyo as an event and under the Information section on the dummy user profile.
Need any further assistance?
📞 We would love to arrange a quick demo to help you get the integration up and running. Let us know if you have any questions about the setup, best practices and use cases.