The Survicate and Klaviyo integration allows you to:
Update Klaviyo subscriber profiles with survey responses to any field of your choice in real-time;
Create automated campaigns based on survey responses as well as segment your email audience more effectively;
Create new leads in Klaviyo based on the Contact Form survey submissions.
This article will teach you how to connect Klaviyo integration step-by-step on a survey level to update contact properties with survey responses or create new contacts when someone answers your survey.
Connect Klaviyo integration
1. To enable Klaviyo integration, go to the Connect tab of your survey, find, and pick Klaviyo from the list of integrations.
2. Click the Connect button to set up the authorization.
3. A pop-up window will appear for you to authorize your Klaviyo account. Provide the credentials that you've grabbed from Klaviyo Settings and click Authorize. If you don't see the pop-up window, you may need to allow pop-ups in your browser - please look for the settings in your browser URL bar, or use instructions for Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Edge, or Safari.
4. Now, the integration is ready to use! See the features we offer for Klaviyo integration under the settings:
Sending responses to Klaviyo as contact properties
Once the integration is enabled, you'll be able to flow all survey responses into Klaviyo as contact properties. By doing so, you'll enrich your Klaviyo subscriber profiles with invaluable survey insights.
1. Move to the Settings tab of Klaviyo Integration and select update contact properties.
2. Select the question you wish to update the fields from. To avoid flooding your Klaviyo user profiles with data, we enable you to decide on a question level whether or not to send responses to Klaviyo.
3. Select the prospect field you want to integrate with from the list or add a new one by writing the name of the new field:
❗️We do not display your custom properties in the dropdown list. If you'd like to flow survey responses into a custom property you've created beforehand, just type in the property's name and confirm by clicking +Create [property name].
By default, Survicate is sending the content of an answer as the prospect field value, but you can change the label to make it shorter or to fit your data structure - click edit mapping to modify these values:
4. You can connect more questions to your integration by clicking ➕Connect another question and applying the same steps.
Once you have your integration set up, you can test it without leaving Survicate by clicking the Test Integration button.
Creating a contact in Klaviyo from a Contact Form submission
1. To create a new contact in Klaviyo from Survicate, add a Contact form question to your survey with a required Email field.
2. In the Connect tab of the survey, under the Settings tab of the Klaviyo Integration, select Create new contacts and select the contact form you have added to the survey.
3. Enable Create new contacts in Klaviyo.
4. You can add all your new contacts to the chosen Klaviyo list. To do that, enable Add contacts to Klaviyo list and pick a list.
Testing the integration
Once you have your survey ready and integration set up, you can test it without leaving Survicate - click the Test Integration button next to any field you've created.
We will create a test user and send questions answers in the format you selected.
You can view it by clicking Go to Klaviyo:
You should see any responses pushed to Klaviyo as an event and under the Information section on the dummy user profile.
Embed surveys to your Klaviyo Campaign
Create a link or email survey to send it right in your Klaviyo email using the targeting rules.
Net Promoter, NPS, and the NPS - related emoticons are registered U.S. trademarks, and Net Promoter Score and Net Promoter System are service marks, of Bain & Company, Inc., Satmetrix Systems, Inc. and Fred Reichheld.