Depending on how you are distributing your surveys, there are different actions you need to take to collect your respondents' emails, names, and other information.
If you are distributing your surveys via an email or link:
- While distributing your surveys via a link or email, selecting "shareable link" as the distribution tool will always give you anonymous responses.
- If you are planning to send your surveys via an email automation tool, please refer to the automation tool-specific articles to learn how to gather respondent information.
- If you are sending your surveys with an unsupported tool (Like Gmail/Outlook), you might still be able to get the respondent information by modifying the survey URL.
- Read more about identifying respondents with link surveys.
If you are distributing your surveys on your website or web-app:
- In order to identify your respondents with a web survey, you will need to pass visitor attributes to capture IDs to Survicate via the tracking code.
- You can pass more attributes from your app to use it as an identifier, and to filter your survey responses. These attributes will also appear on your results export. Read more about passing visitor attributes to Survicate from your website or web-app.
If you are distributing your surveys on your mobile (Android/iOS) application:
- In order to identify your app users, you will need to pass user traits from your app to Survicate. Once you've passed these traits, you'll be able to see these traits in your survey answers and export. You'll be able to also filter based on these traits.