How to create a survey?
This article will guide you through creating a survey from start to finish. Read on if you'd like to know the difference between ready-to-use templates and creating a survey of your own. You'll also get to find out about the different types of surveys and how you can go about formatting questions. You'll learn how to add an image and let people type in a custom reply.
Adding a survey
- To add a survey, log in to your Survicate account at https://panel.survicate.com/. If you haven't created your account yet, sign up here.
- While in the main dashboard, click on + New survey as shown below:
Selecting a survey template from our library
- There are two options to choose from. You can either (1) select a survey from our templates library or (2) set up a survey of your own.
Creating your own survey
- If, on the other hand, you'd prefer to enjoy more flexibility, create your own survey. Use the second option. After clicking on Start from scratch, decide how you'd like distribute the survey. Below are the available options along with a brief description of each:
Please refer to the articles below for further information on:
- Once you pick survey distribution channel, you need to type in the name of your survey. This is for your information only. You'll then see the following screen. See what each tab does below:
- Start by adding your first question. For instance, let's select a multiple answer selection question.
- You'll then get to write up your question, add replies as well as follow-up questions. For more information on the types of questions and skip logic, see these articles.
- Here's what will happen if you turn comments on - they work with Single & Multiple answer selection questions. You'll let your respondents type in a custom reply without interrupting their workflow. We've known it work great with the "Other" option.
Changing question order
- If you'd like to rearrange the order of questions, simply drag & drop questions however you want:
Adding images and videos
- Adding images and videos to the question's body or intro is also possible. We accept HTML.
To add an image, insert the following code to the question's copy/intro:
<img src="INSERT A LINK TO YOUR IMAGE HERE">
Here's how to do it:
Distributing the survey
- Once your survey is ready, let's get it sent out. Click on Share:
For more information on the different survey types, see these articles:
🚀 Armed with this knowledge, how about you try and set up your first survey? You'll be amazed at how useful your survey insights can be!
💬 If you need our assistance, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or strike up a chat conversation 👉.