You can use Survicate and HubSpot to:
Send responses to existing or new contact fields in real-time;
Act upon feedback to prevent churn or boost referrals;
Easily jump to respondents' HubSpot profiles from text (open-ended) answers;
You can use Survicate contact forms to generate new leads in HubSpot;
Assign responses from website surveys to correct leads using HubSpot cookie.
In this article, you will learn how to send survey responses to your lead properties in HubSpot. You can use it for segmentation, lead grading, and qualification. The setup is very easy and can be finished in less than 5 minutes.
📌 Before connecting the integration, make sure your respondents will be recognized. It's necessary to collect respondents' information in order to pass data to the correct HubSpot contact.
Table of contents:
Connect HubSpot integration
1. To enable HubSpot integration, go to the Connect tab of your survey, find, and pick HubSpot from the list of integrations.
2. Click the Connect button to set up the authorization.
3. A pop-up window will appear for you to log in to your HubSpot account. If you don't see the pop-up window, you may need to allow pop-ups in your browser - please look for the settings in your browser URL bar, or use instructions for Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Edge, or Safari.
4. High five! The integration is ready to use. See the features we offer for HubSpot integration under the settings:
Update contact fields with survey responses
You can transfer survey responses to update information about your contacts in HubSpot.
1. Move to the Settings tab of the HubSpot Integration and select update fields.
2. Select the question you wish the update the fields from. To avoid flooding your HubSpot user profiles with data, we enable you to decide on a question level whether or not to send responses to HubSpot.
3. Select the attribute you want to integrate with from the list or add a new one by writing the name of the new field:
❗️We only support certain types of HubSpot fields. Please make sure that you want to send survey responses to one of these fields:
Multiple choice checkboxes, dropdown;
Text field (string).
By default, Survicate is sending the content of an answer as the HubSpot field value, but you can change the label to make it shorter or to fit your data structure - click edit mapping to modify these values:
📌Note: For the NPS question by default we send the values mapped based on the response group, like 9-10 Promoters. If you'd like to receive your numeric value, you can enable the "Send Answers to Intercom as 0-10 values" toggle.
4. You can connect more questions to your integration by clicking ➕Connect another question and applying the same steps.
📌 If you are a user of HubSpot Marketing Hub emails, you can start using HubSpot integration right away.
❗️If you are using other HubSpot plans, please note that sending an email from the contact record view is not sufficient for us to capture the email information due to HubSpot's restriction on personalization tokens. Therefore integration would not work. In this case, you can use Hubspot Marketing Emails made in the drag&drop editor to ensure that the data is flowing into HubSpot.
❗️If you are going to use other email types (for example, contact record emails), make sure to include the contact form email question as required in order for the integration to work.
💡Tip: If you are collecting text answer feedback, you can also easily jump to the respondent's HubSpot user profile straight from Survicate.
Head over to the Analyze tab from the survey dashboard, find the text response, and click the View HubSpot profile button.
Create new prospects with Survicate contact forms
1. To create a contact from Survicate, add a contact form question to your survey with a required email field.
2. Under the Settings tab of Hubspot Integration, select Create new contacts and select the question you wish to create the new company from.
3. Enable Create new contacts in Hubspot toggle. You can also enable Add contacts to Hubspot list toggle, and pick a list.
📌 If there are existing contacts with the same email addresses, we'll simply update them instead of creating a new contact.
Enable Survicate events and properties
Survicate events are switched off by default. If you want to see the event that was created upon survey completion, be sure to click on Filter Activity and then pick Survicate from the list:
Survicate properties are switched off by default. If you'd like to see the field that was populated with survey data, be sure to add the property to the contact view:
If you want to see custom properties from Survicate, please go to View all properties.
Survey results can be seen in the Insights from Survicate section.
View overtime survey responses in your Contact property
If you are sending survey responses to the same contact property (also from different surveys), you will be able to see how the responses change over time right from HubSpot.
To view your previous responses head on to the Details of the property you are sending responses to.
Here in property history will be able to see their previous responses:
Filter by HubSpot data in the Analyze tab of your survey
If you'd like to be able to filter your survey responses by the information about your contacts from HubSpot, you can achieve this by going to Survey settings > Integrations, searching for HubSpot and enabling the Contact data synchronization feature:
You'll be asked to confirm that you want to import the data from HubSpot:
With this feature active, you'll be able to go to the Analyze tab and filter the survey answers by custom attributes defined in the HubSpot profiles of your respondents:
💡Enabling the Contact data synchronization feature should be done only once for a workspace and you will then be able to filter the results of all your surveys in this workspace by HubSpot data.
The attributes synchronized from HubSpot will also be visible when survey data is exported to a CSV or XLS file.
Test integration with sample data
Once you have your survey ready and integration set up, you can test it without leaving Survicate - simply click the Test Integration button next to any attribute or tag you've created, and we will create a test user and send question answers in the format you selected.
You can view it by clicking Go to HubSpot:
You will be able to view the newly created user with the activity recorded.
Add Survicate survey modules to your HubSpot campaign
🚀 It's now easier to embed Survicate surveys in your HubSpot email templates.
1. Create an Email/Shareable link survey and choose HubSpot as the tool to identify respondents with.
2. Go to the Share tab of your survey, and in the Launch in an email section, click on Get your HubSpot module:
3. To confirm that everything worked properly, in HubSpot, go to Marketing > Files and templates > Design tools to see that your account now has the Survicate survey module.
4. Go to Marketing > Email to create a new email. Select + More and look for the content named Survicate survey module: your survey's name to drag and drop the Survicate survey directly into your email's body:
5. Now, you can add your survey module directly to your email template.
🔧 If you don't see the module in your HubSpot account, please disconnect the integration here and connect it again.
Frequently asked questions
I can't connect HubSpot to Survicate
Please note that in order to connect integrations with HubSpot you will need to have 'App marketplace access' permissions in HubSpot, and user, admin, or owner permissions in Survicate. You can read more about HubSpot permissions here, and Survicate permissions here.
My HubSpot integration isn't working
Please check if you have selected HubSpot as the Identify respondents with method under Configure > Identify respondents and if your survey responses are identified. We can't send responses to HubSpot for unidentified respondents!
Please also note that answering the survey from the "test email function" in HubSpot is not sufficient for the integration to work, you will need to send the survey to an existing contact if you wish to test the integration.
Can I connect two HubSpot instances to my Survicate account?
It's only possible to integrate one Survicate workspace with one HubSpot workspace (instance). If you'd like to run surveys in multiple HubSpot instances, please contact email@example.com, or start a conversation with us to talk about an account with more Survicate workspaces.
Embed surveys to your HubSpot
Create a link or email survey to send it right through HubSpot Marketing Emails using the targeting rules.
Automate quarterly NPS surveys with HubSpot
Use the HubSpot Email Marketing Workflow option to configure an automatic distribution of your NPS surveys at defined time intervals.
📞 If you have any questions on setting up HubSpot integration - feel free to reach out to our team via chat or email: firstname.lastname@example.org