With Survicate and HubSpot integration you can send survey responses to your lead properties. You can use it for segmentation, lead grading and qualification. The set up is very easy and can be finished in less than 5 minutes.
How does it work?
Question level integration - for each survey question you can decide if you want to send responses to a chosen property or not
You can choose existing properties from the list, or create a new one without leaving Survicate
Responses are sent in real-time
You can easily jump to respondents' Hubspot profile from text (open-ended) answers
You can use Survicate contact forms to generate new leads in HubSpot
We will assign responses from website surveys to correct lead using HubSpot cookie
Not ready with your survey yet? Create a survey in Survicate to send out through Hubspot.
Table of contents:
📢 Enable Hubspot integration
1. To enable Hubspot integration, go to the Connect tab of your survey, find, and pick Hubspot from the list of integrations.
2. Click the Connect button to set up the authorization.
3. A pop-up window will appear for you to log in to your Hubspot account. If you don't see the pop-up window, you may need to allow pop-ups in your browser - please look for the settings in your browser URL bar, or use instructions for Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Edge, or Safari.
4. Now the integration is ready to use! See the features we offer for Hubspot integration under the settings:
Update contact fields from survey responses
You can transfer survey responses to update information about your contacts in Hubspot.
1. Move on the Settings tab of Hubspot Integration, and select update fields
2. Select the question you wish the update the fields from. To avoid flooding your Hubspot user profiles with data, we enable you to decide on a question level whether or not to send responses to Hubspot.
3. Select the attribute you want to integrate with from the list or add a new one by writing the name of new the new field:
❗️❗️We only support certain types of HubSpot fields. Please make sure that you want to send survey responses to one of these fields:
Multiple choice checkboxes, dropdown
Text field (string)
By default, Survicate is sending the content of an answer as the HubSpot field value, but you can change the label to make it shorter or to fit your data structure - click edit mapping to modify these values:
📌Note: For the NPS question, we send the values mapped based on the response group, however, if you'd like to receive your numeric value, you can enable the "Send Answers as 0-10 values" toggle.
4. You can connect more questions to your integration by clicking ➕Connect another question and apply the same steps.
Once you have your integration set up, you can test it without leaving Survicate by clicking Test Integration button.
📌 If you are a user of Hubspot Marketing Hub emails, you can start using Hubspot integration right away.
❗️If you are using other Hubspot plans, please note that sending an email from the contact record view is not sufficient for us to capture the email information, due to Hubspot's restriction on personalization tokens. Therefore integration would not work. In this case, you can use Hubspot Marketing Emails made in the drag&drop editor to ensure that the data is flowing into Hubspot.
❗️❗️If you are willing to use other email types (for example contact record emails), make sure to include the contact form email question as required in order for the integration to work.
💡Tip: If you are collecting text answer feedback, you can also easily jump to the respondent's Hubspot user profile straight from Survicate.
Head over to Answers from the main dashboard, find the text response and click the View Hubspot profile button.
Creating new prospects with Survicate contact forms
1. To create a contact from Survicate, add a contact form question to your survey with a required email field.
2. Under the Settings tab of Hubspot Integration, and select Create new contacts and select the question you wish to create the new company from.
3. Enable Create new contacts in Hubspot toggle. You can also enable Add contacts to Hubspot list toggle, and pick or add a list.
📌 If there are existing contacts with the same email, we'll simply update them instead of creating a new contact.
Testing the integration
Once you have your survey ready and integration set up, you can test it without leaving Survicate - simply click Test Integration button next to any attribute or tag you've created, and we will create a test user and send question answers in the format you selected.
You can view it by clicking Go to Hubspot:
You will be able to view the newly created user with the activity recorded:
If you want to see custom properties from Survicate, please go to View all properties
Survey results can be seen in Insights from Survicate section:
📌 Survicate events are switched off by default. If you want to see the event that was created upon survey completion, be sure to click on Filter Activity and then pick Survicate from the list:
📌 Survicate properties are switched off by default. If you'd like to see the field that was populated with survey data, be sure to add the property to the contact view:
Viewing overtime survey responses in your Contact property
If you are sending survey responses to the same contact property (also from different surveys), you will be able to see how the responses change over time right from Hubspot.
To view your previous responses head on to the details of the property you are sending responses to.
Here in property history will be able to see their previous responses:
Need any further assistance? If you have any questions about the set-up, best practices, and use-cases, please feel free to reach out to us via live chat 👉.
Frequently asked questions
I can't connect Hubspot to Survicate
Please note that in order to connect integrations with Hubspot you will need to have 'App marketplace access' permissions in Hubspot, and user, admin, or owner permissions in Survicate. You can read more about Hubspot permissions here, and Survicate permissions here.
My Hubspot integration isn't working
Please check if you have selected Hubspot as the distribution method under Settings > Survey distribution and if your survey responses are identified. We can't send responses to Hubspot for unidentified respondents! Also please note that answering the survey from the "test email function" is not sufficient for the integration to work, you will need to send the survey to an existing contact if you wish to test the integration.
Can I connect two Hubspot instances to my Survicate account?
It's only possible to integrate one Survicate workspace with one Hubspot workspace (instance). If you'd like to run surveys in multiple Hubspot instances, contact email@example.com, or start a conversation with us to purchase another Survicate workspace.