You can use Survicate and Optimizely integration to:
Target Survicate surveys to appear on specific variants of your experiments;
Compare what visitors think about each variant and think about how to improve them.
Table of Contents:
📌 Optimizely integration is supported only for website/in-product surveys.
How to enable the integration
1. Go to Connect tab of your survey and pick Optimizely from the list.
2. Click on Connect to enable the integration.
Showing certain surveys on specific variations
If you want to show certain surveys on specific variations, you'll need to provide Survicate with Optimizely Experiment ID and Variation name.
1. Log in to your Optimizely account, choose the experiment where you want to run surveys, and open it in the editor. The experiment ID will appear in the URL, as shown in the picture below.
The variation name is visible on a tab (also highlighted) within the experiment editor.
📌 Remember that when you use generic names of variations, the name of an interpretation is, for example, 'Variation #1', not just '#1'.
When you have the ID and variation name, you're ready to set website surveys to appear on them.
Running surveys on your experiments
1. To run a survey on a specific experiment, go to the Target tab and click on Audience on the left sidebar.
2. Choose New Audience and create a new audience for your survey.
3. Click on Add Filter and choose Optimizely experiment.
4. With Optimizely integration enabled, you have additional options when creating a new audience. Fill out Experiment ID and Variation name in the Optimizely section, and you will survey only those visitors that have seen a given experiment variation
📌If you want to test several page variations, you should create one survey and segment per experiment. This way, you will be able to install another survey on each of the versions and compare feedback.
5. Click on Create Audience to save the changes.
Create your website survey
To collect feedback, create a website survey from a template or start from scratch. Add your questions, choose your design, or use survey logic.
Set up your website survey's Audience and Triggers
From your Survicate Panel, you can choose who and how often you will see your survey and decide what URLs and when they should appear.
Here you can see our articles with step-by-step instructions on how to take advantage of all of Survicate's targeting options for website surveys.
Run exit-intent surveys to understand bounce rate
Learn how to trigger surveys when your visitors are about to leave the page and why your potential customers are not converting.
📞 If you have any questions on setting up Optimizely integration - feel free to reach out to our team via chat or email: email@example.com