If you use a mailing list in Sendgrid to distribute your surveys, we automatically capture subscribers' email address information - so you'll know who responded to your survey! You'll be able to filter survey results by these attributes, too. You can also add any attributes to your survey link that are supported by Sendgrid.
We also record every single answer, even if they don't complete a survey.👍
There are two ways to distribute your survey with SendGrid:
- Hide the survey link behind a CTA button, or hyperlink
- Embed the first question into SendGrid email to boost your response rate
Here’s how to set up:
1. Create your survey from the New survey+ button. Select Start from scratch > Send via email or link, pick Sendgrid as the distribution tool and name your survey
❗️But Remember! If you want to embed your survey in an email, the first question of your survey needs to be either a single choice, a smiley scale, or a Net Promoter Score. If you choose any other type of question as to the first one, we will only provide you with the link to your survey.
3. Customize your survey page in the Design tab, by adding your company logo and changing colors. Make your surveys entirely branded as your own!
Under the settings tab, you can enable other options like multiple responses.
Step 4. Head over to Share tab and decide how you'd like to send your survey.
1️⃣ Send as a direct link
Grab a link to your survey from the Copy Link button, and hide it behind a CTA button, or hyperlink.
2️⃣ Launch in an email
Display its first question directly in the email's body, and start the survey directly from the email. They'll then be redirected to a landing page to take the rest of the survey.
1. Click Get your code, then copy the HTML code.
2. Go to your Sendgrid email you want to use for the survey and pick Code from the drag&drop editor.
3. ❗️Replace the code with the one you've copied from your Survicate survey - you can do it by clicking on the code area and use shortcuts CTRL+A CTRL+V
Once you've got everything ready, send your email, and get ready to dive into your insights 🚀
❗ If you are using Sendgrid's legacy templates, please note that we don't support old-style substitution tags. Therefore, if you send your survey with legacy templates, you need to alter your survey URL in order to identify your respondents.
Please change the merge tag (substitution tag) in your survey URL from
[%email%]. Your survey URL should look like this:
More information can be found in the Sendgrid documentation.