If you use a mailing list in Zendesk to distribute your surveys, we automatically capture subscribers' email address information - so you'll know who responded to your survey! You'll be able to filter survey results by these attributes, too. You can also add any attributes to your survey link that are supported by Zendesk.
We also record every single answer, even if they don't complete a survey.👍
📌In this guide, we'll go through sending a CSAT survey, but you can apply the same steps for NPS and CES surveys as well!
Here’s how to set up:
1. Create your survey from the New survey+ button. You can pick a CSAT template from templates library, or Start from scratch > Send via email or link, and pick Zendesk as the distribution tool and name your survey.
2. You'll now get to build up your survey. To create a CSAT survey, pick "smiley scale question" as the first question. You change the question type or add follow-up questions to your survey and applying survey logic.
❗️But Remember! If you want to embed your survey in an email, the first question of your survey needs to be either a single choice, a smiley scale, or a Net Promoter Score. If you choose any other type of question as the first one, we will only provide you with the link to your survey. You can hide the link under the call-to-action button or hyperlink.
3. Customize your survey page in the Design tab, by adding your company logo, and changing colors. Make your surveys entirely branded as your own!
Under the settings tab, you can enable other options like multiple responses or email notifications.
4. Head over to the Share tab and click Get your survey. Then copy the HTML code.
5. Go to Zendesk > Admin > Automations. You can create a new automation for your survey, or add your survey to existing automation. To create a new trigger, click the "new automation" button.
6. Then set up the triggers for your automation. We chose to send our survey 8 hours after a ticket is closed, you can change these triggers
7. Setup the notification to Email user > Requester (or and CCs). Enter a subject for your email such as "Rate the support you've received" and paste in the HTML code you've captured on Step 4 to the email body.
8. Once you've got everything ready save your automation, and get ready to dive into your insights 🚀