If you use a mailing list in Salesforce to distribute your surveys, we automatically capture contact first & last name, ID, and email address information - so you'll know who responded to your survey! You'll be able to filter survey results by these attributes, too. You can also add any attributes (merge fields) to your survey link that are supported by Salesforce.
We also record every single answer, even if they don't complete a survey.👍
There are two ways to distribute your survey with Salesforce:
- Embed the first question into Salesforce email to boost your response rate
- Hide the survey link behind a call-to-action button.
Here’s how to set up:
1. Create your survey from the New survey+ button. Select Start from scratch > Send via email or link, pick Salesforce as the distribution tool and name your survey
❗️But Remember! If you want to embed your survey in an email, the first question of your survey needs to be either a single choice, a smiley scale, or a Net Promoter Score. If you choose any other type of question as the first one, we will only provide you with the link to your survey. You can hide the link under the call-to-action button or hyperlink.
3. Customize your survey page in the Design tab, by adding your company logo, and changing colors. Make your surveys entirely branded as your own!
Under the settings tab, you can enable other options like multiple responses or email notifications.
4. Head over to Share tab, under Salesforce-aware URL settings you can pick other Salesforce objects and fields that you'd like to pass to Survicate when your respondent has answered the survey, such as Opportunity Name.
How to send your survey
1. Send your survey as a link
You can choose to distribute surveys by copying the link shown in Share your survey textbox, hide it under the call-to-action button, or your custom text.
2. Embed your survey in an email
If you are looking to embed your Survicate survey in a Salesforce email, you will need to paste in the HTML code that's generated from "Get Your Survey" button. This way your respondents will be able to answer the first question of your survey directly inside the email they received.
📌If you are using Salesforce Classic; you can switch to HTML formatting (See here for more information), or create an HTML email template and paste your code.
📌If you are using Salesforce Lightning Experience; paste your code to an HTML email template to use it in an email.
How to create an HTML template in Salesforce
1. To create a Salesforce email template, navigate to Setup:
2. Here, under Email, navigate to Classic Email Templates and click New Template
3. Next, you can choose to create your email as HTML, or as a Custom template. If you'd like to use Classic Letterhead, we recommend using the HTML option.
4. Proceed to the Next step. Paste the generated code from Get your survey button to HTML body text box, and save your template.
5. Your survey is ready to use! Insert this template to send your survey directly to your contacts or add it to campaigns.
Need help with setting up your surveys in Salesforce? Contact us at email@example.com or use the chat option 👉