If you use a mailing list in Salesforce to distribute your surveys, we automatically capture contact first & last name, ID, and email address information - so you'll know who responded to your survey! You'll be able to filter survey results by these attributes, too. You can also add any attributes (merge fields) to your survey link that are supported by Salesforce.
There are two ways to distribute your survey with Salesforce:
- Hide the survey link behind a CTA button, or hyperlink
- Embed the first question into Salesforce email to boost your response rate
Here’s how to set up:
Step 1. Create your survey from the New survey+ button. Choose a template from our library or start from scratch. Choose Send via email or link, pick Salesforce as the distribution tool and name your survey
❗️But Remember! If you want to embed your survey in an email, the first question of your survey needs to be either a single choice, a smiley scale, or a Net Promoter Score. If you choose any other type of question as to the first one, we will only provide you with the link to your survey.
Step 3. Customize your survey page in the Design tab, by adding your company logo, and changing colors. Make your surveys entirely branded as your own! Under configure tab, you can enable other options like multiple responses.
Step 4. Head over to Share tab, under Get your link section you can pick Salesforce fields that you'd like to pass to Survicate when your respondent answers the survey. Here, select the object and the field you'd like to capture from Salesforce from the dropdown list:
Step 5: Decide how you'd like to send your survey
1️⃣ Send as a direct link
Grab a link to your survey from the Copy Link button, and hide it behind a CTA button, or hyperlink.
2️⃣ Launch in an email
Display its first question directly in the email's body, and start the survey directly from the email. They'll then be redirected to a landing page to take the rest of the survey.
1. Click Get your code, then copy the HTML code.
📌If you are using Salesforce Classic; you can switch to HTML formatting (See here for more information), or create an HTML email template and paste your code.
📌If you are using Salesforce Lightning Experience; paste your code to an HTML email template to use it in an email. Read on to see how 👇
How to create an HTML template in Salesforce
1. To create a Salesforce email template, navigate to Setup:
2. Here, under Email, navigate to Classic Email Templates and click New Template
3. Next, you can choose to create your email as a Custom template.
4. Proceed to the Next step. Paste the generated code from Get your survey button to HTML body text box, and save your template.
5. Your survey is ready to use! Insert this template to send your survey directly to your contacts or add it to campaigns.
Need help with setting up your surveys in Salesforce? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the chat option 👉