If you use a mailing list in Pardot to distribute your surveys, we automatically capture subscribers' first & last name and email address information - so you'll know who responded to your survey! You'll be able to filter survey results by these attributes, too. You can also add any attributes to your survey link that are supported by Pardot.
We also record every single answer, even if they don't complete a survey.👍
There are two ways to distribute your survey with Pardot:
- Embed the first question into Pardot email to boost your response rate
- Hide the survey link behind a call-to-action button.
Here’s how to set up:
1. Create your survey from the New survey+ button. Select Start from scratch > Send via email or link, pick Pardot as the distribution tool and name your survey
❗️But Remember! If you want to embed your survey in an email, the first question of your survey needs to be either a single choice, a smiley scale, or a Net Promoter Score. If you choose any other type of question as the first one, we will only provide you with the link to your survey. You can hide the link under the call-to-action button or hyperlink.
3. Customize your survey page in the Design tab, by adding your company logo, and changing colors. Make your surveys entirely branded as your own!
Under the settings tab, you can enable other options like multiple responses or email notifications.
4. Head over to the Share tab and click Get your survey. Then copy the HTML code.
5. Go to Pardot and create new email choosing HTML and Text option:
6. Go to HTML view of your survey and paste the code into email's HTML:
7. Once you've got everything ready, send your email, and get ready to dive into your insights 🚀