You can use Survicate with Pardot to:
Send survey responses to your prospects' fields and use them for better segmentation, prospect grading, and qualification;
Question level integration - for each survey question, you can decide if you want to send responses to a chosen prospect's field or not;
You can choose existing prospect fields from the list or create a new one without leaving Survicate;
Responses are sent in real-time;
You can use Survicate contact forms to generate new leads in Pardot.
This article will teach you how to connect Pardot integration step-by-step on a survey level to update existing prospect fields or create new ones.
📌 Before connecting the integration, make sure your respondents will be recognized. It's necessary to collect respondents' information in order to pass data to the correct Pardot field.
📌Pardot integration is available as a premium integration. If you are interested in testing this integration, contact email@example.com or reach out to our team from live chat. We can set up a 1-1 call to guide you through the steps of enabling the integration.
Table of contents:
How to enable Pardot integration?
1. To enable Pardot integration, go to the Connect tab of your survey, find, and pick Pardot from the list of integrations.
2. Click the Connect button to set up the authorization.
3. A pop-up window will appear for you to authorize your Pardot account. If you don't see the pop-up window, you may need to allow pop-ups in your browser - please look for the settings in your browser URL bar, or use instructions for Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Edge, or Safari.
You will be asked to provide your Business Unit ID in this window.
Where to find your Business Unit ID?
You can find it in Setup > Pardot > Pardot Account Setup.
After providing your business unit ID, log in to your Salesforce account via the next screen.
4. Now the integration is ready to use! See the features we offer for Pardot integration under the settings:
Update fields from survey responses
Once you have configured and authorized the integration, you can transfer survey responses to update information about your contacts in Pardot.
1. Move on the Settings tab of Pardot Integration, and select update contact fields
2. Select the question you wish the update the fields from. To avoid flooding your Pardot user profiles with data, we enable you to decide on a question level whether or not to send responses to Pardot.
3. Select the prospect field you want to integrate with from the list or add a new one by writing the name of new the new field:
By default, Survicate is sending the content of an answer as the prospect field value, but you can change the label to make it shorter or to fit your data structure - click edit mapping to modify these values:
📌Note: We send the values mapped based on the response group for the NPS question. However, if you'd like to receive your numeric value, you can enable the "Send Answers as 0-10 values" toggle.
4. You can connect more questions to your integration by clicking ➕Connect another question and applying the same steps.
Once you have your integration set up, you can test it without leaving Survicate by clicking the Test Integration button.
Create new prospects from contact forms
1. To create a new contact in Pardot from Survicate, add a contact form question to your survey with a required email field.
2. Under the Settings tab of Pardot Integration, select Create new prospects and choose the question you wish to create the new prospect from.
3. Enable the Create new users in Pardot toggle.
❗️If there are existing contacts, we'll simply update them instead of creating a new contact.
Once you have your survey ready and integration set up, you can test it without leaving Survicate - simply click the Test Integration button next to any prospect field you've connected. We will create a test user and send question answers in the format you selected.
You can view it by clicking Go to Pardot:
You will be redirected to Survicate Dummy Contact. You should see the test user with all the field values assigned:
Use a mailing list in Pardot to distribute your surveys
Create a link or email survey and embed the first question into Pardot's email to boost your response rate.
📌 Please note that, in order for the integration to work, your Pardot account should use version 3 or 4 of the API.
📞 If you have any questions on setting up Mailchimp integration - feel free to reach out to our team via chat or email: firstname.lastname@example.org