With Survicate, you can create surveys in any language and display them to relevant visitors.
In this article, you'll learn two ways of ensuring your respondents see the survey customized to their language.
Table of contents:
Create and target a survey in a certain language
If you'd like to show the survey only to the speakers of one language, you can create a survey in the language you want to and set up a new segment of visitors.
1. Once you've created a survey and changed the messages to your desired language, navigate to the Edit > Target > Audience section of your survey:
2. Click the New Audience button, give your audience a name and click Create Audience:
3. Let's assume we want to target Spanish speakers (based on their browser language). Click Add filter → Language:
4. Start typing the name of the language in the search bar → Survicate will immediately prompt you to the language you are looking for:
5. Click on the language to add it.
💡Tip: You can also add multiple languages at once – just keep adding languages to the list. In case you make a mistake and need to delete a language, hover over the language and click the X button.
Instead of creating a list of languages that should see the survey, you can exclude some users based on their browser language. By default, the surveys show to users with any browser language – if the "include" condition isn't specified – so if you, for example, have support available in virtually any world language but Russian, you might want to exclude users with Russian as their browser language:
❗️Remember! You have to enable the segment to display the survey properly! Also, disable all segments which exclude each other.
If you'd like to show surveys in different languages for different visitors, you can either create several surveys and based on the language of the survey, target them to be shown to different respondents, or take advantage of our multilingual surveys feature, as described below.
Create a multilingual survey
On some of the plans, you can create one survey in many languages.
1. Go to the Create > Languages tab of your survey and click on Translations:
2. You'll see a pop-up window asking you to choose which languages you want to have in your survey. You can translate the survey questions and messages manually or automatically within seconds and the survey will be ready to be launched.
3. Here, you can also exclude the visitors, whose language is not supported by your survey, from seeing it, you can set it up in the Target > Audience tab:
If your survey hasn't been translated to a language that someone's browser is in, they will be shown the original version of the survey you have created.
📞 If you have any questions about targeting surveys based on the language of the browser or device - feel free to reach out to our team via chat or email: email@example.com.