If you are using Survicate surveys to collect responses from Customer.io campaigns or newsletters, we will automatically capture your respondent's email, name and ID information. You can also easily pass these responses to your users' Customer.io profile using Zapier to connect Survicate to Customer.io.
📌Zapier integration is available right from the free plan of Survicate. 🎉
Things you will need:
Here is how to set up the Zap:
1. Creating your survey in the Survicate panel to send via Customer.io. If you are not ready with your survey yet, check out this article to start creating Customer.io a survey.
2. Head on to your Zapier account, click "Create a Zap". Pick Survicate from the list of apps, and pick one of two available options. But remember, if you choose New survey completion as a trigger, the survey needs to be filled out completely - if the respondent drops the survey in a process, we won't activate Zap until they complete it.
3. For our Zap, we've picked
new question answer trigger. Now connect your Zapier account to Survicate by pasting your API Key which you can find in Settings > Data Export API. Then pick the survey you'd like to pass the responses from, and the question (if applicable). You are now ready to test your data. We'll test the trigger with a demo response.
4. For your next step, pick Customer.io as the app and the event
Create or update customer.
5. Connect your Customer.io account on the Choose Account step. On the Customize Customer step, pick
Respondent Remote Identities Api ID as the customer ID,
Respondent email as the Customer email, and type in the Attribute you'd like to populate from the question you've selected on the 3rd step. Fill the attribute data with the answer you'd like to populate:
6. Click continue. In the next step, Zapier will send a test customer profile to your Customer.io account with the email: email@example.com. If your zap was successfully set up, you can see the successful submission message:
You can also view the test respondent in Customer.io People:
7. Now That you've verified your Zap is working, send out your emails and you should be able to see the response information in the Customer.io profiles!
📞 If you have any questions about setting up your Customer.io Zap, reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org, or start a chat conversation 👉