This article will guide you through enabling a Single Sign-On configuration in your account.
SAML SSO gives users a centralized and secure way of controlling access to their organizations. When you join an organization that uses SAML SSO, you sign in through the organization's IdP, and your existing Survicate account is linked to an external identity that belongs to the organization.
How to enable a Single Sign-On configuration?
Please go to Settings ➡️ SAML Authentication and toggle on the Enable SAML authentication feature. Leave the tab open, as you'll need the data from here.
Identity Provider (IdP) setup
1. In your Single Sign-On provider, add a new app.
2. Under SAML Settings, you will likely be asked to provide Single-sign-on URL / ACS (Consumer) URL and Audience URI.
You can find a Single sign-on URL under ACS (Consumer) URL in Survicate:
While Audience URI is the same URL, it has a different ending with
/metadata instead of
So if your Single sign-on URL or ACS (Consumer) URL is:
Your Audience URI will be:
3. In the end, your settings should look like this:
1. Go to the SSO provider's configuration page with Single Sign-On URL, Provider Issuer, and X.509 Certificate:
2. In the Survicate SAML Authentication tab, paste the Provider Issuer to Issuer field, Single Sign-On URL to Sign-on URL, and X.509 Certificate to Public certificate.
You can choose to require teammates to use their passwords to login to the Survicate account, or opt for a frictionless process, by switching on this option:
Thanks to this feature, by default, all new users, who use SAML won't be required to provide the password to log in to Survicate.
Enforce SAML Login for everyone in the organization
This option will become available after SAML is successfully configured and the Survicate account's first SAML login occurs. It lets you ensure that all teammates will be able to use SAML to log in.
Grant access to all workspaces when inviting users through SSO
If you choose to enable this option, and your Survicate organization has multiple workspaces, all new teammates you'll invite to join your account will automatically gain access to all the workspaces.
Now, with SAML enabled, to avoid using your login and password on the Survicate login page, you can log in directly from your SSO provider. Once you sign-in via SSO, and Passwordless authentication is enabled, you will not be asked for your Survicate password.