This article will guide you through enabling Okta configuration in your account.
SAML SSO gives users a centralized and secure way of controlling access to their organizations. When you join an organization that uses SAML SSO, you sign in through the organization's IdP, and your existing Survicate account is linked to an external identity that belongs to the organization.
Table of content:
❗️Note that this feature is available on some of our paid plans. Please visit our pricing page to check out more details.
How to enable Okta configuration?
❗Before you start, you need to make sure you are the owner of your organization. Only account owners can set up SAML Authentication.
Please go to Settings > SAML Authentication and click Enable SAML authentication toggle. Leave the tab open, as you'll need the data from here.
Okta - Identity Provider (IdP) setup
1. Once you have an Okta account created, add a new app:
2. Under SAML Settings, you will be asked to provide Single-sign-on URL /ACS (Consumer) URL and Audience URI.
You can find a Single sign-on URL under ACS (Consumer) URL in Survicate:
While Audience URI is the same URL, it has a different ending with
/metadata instead of
So if your Single sign-on URL or ACS (Consumer) URL is:
Your Audience URI will be:
3. In the end, your settings should look like this:
4. On the bottom of the screen click Next and then Finish. Go to Sign on-page and View setup instructions.
From here, you'll need a Single Sign-On URL, Provider Issuer, and X.509 Certificate:
1. In the Survicate SAML Authentication tab paste the Provider Issuer to Issuer field, Single Sign-On URL to Sign-on URL, and X.509 Certificate to Public certificate.
2. Once you click "Save Configuration" you will get a list of recovery codes.
❗ Please save them; you will need those to bypass the Single Sign-On when you don't have access to the SAML provider anymore.
📞 If you have any questions or need assistance - feel free to reach out to our team via chat or email: email@example.com