You can use Survicate with Marketo to:
Send embedded surveys via Marketo emails with Marketo-aware links that allow you to collect respondent's data along with the answers;
Create website surveys that will be assigned to specific respondents;
View survey answers as Marketo lead fields values and activities;
Create leads with contact forms.
Configure Marketo environment
1. Create new role: In Marketo go to Admin -> Users & Roles -> Roles -> Create new role.
️Minimal role permissions for the role are Read-Write Lead, Read-Write Activity, Read-Write Activity Metadata, Read-Only Assets.
2. Create a new API-only user: In Marketo, go to Admin > Users & Roles > Invite New User. Fill out the data, select proper roles (API, API-only) or others if you need them, and send the invite:
3. Create a new service: Go to Admin -> LaunchPoint -> New -> New Service. Fill up the fields and create a service:
Once you have done that, click on "View Details". Client ID and Client Secret will be displayed here. Copy and paste these data to the Survicate authorization window.
4. Get the endpoint URL: Go to Admin -> Web Services -> REST API. Copy the Endpoint and paste it into the Survicate authorization window.
1. Go to Integrations from the main dashboard, find, and pick Marketo from the list of integrations.
2. Click the Configure button to set up the authorization.
3. You will be taken to the Settings tab to enter your Client ID, Client Secret, and the Endpoint URL. Click Connect once those are entered.
In the Settings tab, you'll also see two more features, which you can enable if you'd like:
Synchronize anonymous visitor data when they convert to leads in Marketo: With this function enabled, we will send all the data gathered anonymously from a visitor once they become a lead.
Protect privacy by anonymizing lead data for Marketo: This option ensures all lead data sent to Marketo is anonymized.
4. Now, the integration is ready to use! See the features we offer for Marketo Integration under the Settings in a survey's Connect tab:
Creating new leads with contact forms
1. To create a new lead in Marketo from Survicate, add a contact form question to your survey with a required email field:
2. Under the Settings tab of Marketo Integration, select Create leads and choose the question you wish to create the new lead from.
3. Enable Create new lead in Marketo.
Update Marketo lead fields
You can choose which answers are sent to your leads in Marketo. The mapping table lets you map custom values to be passed with each response.
1. Move to the Settings tab of Marketo Integration and select update lead fields.
2. Select the question you wish to update the fields from. To avoid flooding your Marketo user profiles with data, we enable you to decide on a question level whether or not to send responses to Marketo.
3. Select the prospect field you want to integrate from the list or add a new one by writing the name and clicking + Create [prospect field name].
By default, Survicate is sending the content of an answer as the prospect field value, but you can change the label to make it shorter or to fit your data structure - click Edit mapping to modify these values:
4. You can connect more questions to your integration by clicking ➕Connect another question and applying the same steps.
Sending lead activities to Marketo
Once configured, the following data will be sent to the Lead Activity Log in Marketo:
You can use these attributes to trigger automated campaigns in Marketo.
1. Move to the Settings tab of Marketo integration, and select Send lead activities.
2. Enable Send survey responses to your contacts as lead activities.
3. Now, whenever your survey has a new response, this will appear on the contact profile as a recent activity.
Where can I find data from Survicate in Marketo?
1. Go to your Marketo account > Lead Database
2. All Leads > Leads > Click on the Lead ID
3. You will see all data you have collected with Survicate in Lead Info and all activities for that Lead in Activity Log.
Frequently asked questions
Can I use this to target Marketo campaigns?
You can trigger personalized lead nurturing campaigns based on identified challenges, fears, jobs, and more within Marketo based on the values from a Survicate survey.
Can I send data to custom fields in Marketo?
Yes. We not only support sending data to default lead fields but also to those you have created manually in Marketo.
Do you sync answers once an anonymous visitor becomes a lead?
Yes – we allow you to survey anonymous visitors throughout their visits, gradually gathering valuable insights. Based on the information collected, you can create specific segments and deepen your knowledge about them. Once they sign up with Survicate's or Marketo contact form - we push all the insights from Survicate to the Lead Profile in Marketo - even if they have been gathered with many different surveys. You get your newly created contact delivered with a package of actionable insights.
Use a mailing list in Marketo to distribute your surveys
Create a link or email survey so we can automatically capture subscribers' first & last name and email address information - so you'll know who responded to your survey!
Net Promoter, NPS, and the NPS - related emoticons are registered U.S. trademarks, and Net Promoter Score and Net Promoter System are service marks, of Bain & Company, Inc., Satmetrix Systems, Inc. and Fred Reichheld.