Sending surveys via Salesforce
If you use mailing list in Salesforce to distribute your surveys, we will add the email address to every respondent's details, so you know how every person answered!
There are two ways to distribute surveys via email- either by copying the link or HTML code. We recommend you to use HTML code, as having answers in the email more engaging, giving you much higher response rates!
Surveys for Salesforce work like any other type of survey- you can use logic, meaning the follow-up questions can be based on previous answers, and the landing page can be customised in the design section.
Email surveys let you answer the first question inside an email and redirect you to the landing page with follow-up questions.
✅ If you want to embed the first question inside the email the first question of your survey should only be either a Net Promoter Score:
A smiley scale
Or a single choice question
How to create Salesforce survey
- Choose the type of the survey:
When you create a survey remember that the survey needs to be link survey (represented by a envelope both in library and Start from scratch):
And choose your Salesforce as your provider:
- Create your survey depending on your needs, and customise your URL. It's needed to catch your object data. In this case, we want to know what's the email of the contact we message, but we could catch Opportunity Name as well.
How to send your survey
Send your survey as a link
You can choose to distribute surveys by copying the link shown in Share your survey textbox, hide it under CTA button or your custom text.
Embed your survey in an email
If you are looking to embed your Survicate survey in a Salesforce email, you will need to paste in the HTML code that's generated from "Get Your Survey" button. This way your respondents will be able to answer the first question of your survey directly inside the email they received.
If you are using Salesforce Classic; you can switch to HTML formatting (See here for more information), or create an HTML email template and paste your code.
If you are using Salesforce Lightning Experience; paste your code to an HTML email template to use it in an email.
How to create HTML template in Salesforce
- To create a Salesforce email template, navigate to Setup:
- Here, under Email, navigate to Classic Email Templates and click New Template
- Next, you can chose to create your email as HTML, or as a Custom template. If you'd like to use Classic Letterhead, we recommend using HTML option.
- Proceed to Next step. Paste the generated code from Get your survey button to HTML body text box, and save your template.
- Your survey is ready to use! Insert this template to send your survey directly to your contacts or add it to campaigns.